The Simpsons Get the Pope's Blessing | MassCops

The Simpsons Get the Pope's Blessing

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by HistoryHound, Oct 21, 2010.

1. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Vatican reveal Homer and Bart Simpson are Catholic and get Pope's blessing | Mail Online

While I hate to risk eternal damnation for correcting the Pope, everybody knows the Simpsons are Presbyluteran. With that said, this isn't the first time that I've read that they are good role models. I do confess that I wanted to verify this before posting so I did go to the Vatican website. It's in Italian, but the Google translator works (sort of).

L'OSSERVATORE ROMANO

2. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Wait... people still watch the Simpsons?

...I thought Family Guy took over that empire.

3. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

No way, the Simpsons are old school Family guy. I'm guessing that after my Peter sees this, he'll want to go to church on Sunday.:rolleyes:

4. I wonder whose job it is to watch all these shows and decide whether or not they are suitable for good Catholic audiences...? I also wonder how many episodes of the Simpsons did they have to watch before they could make their decision...? I also wonder how many TV shows the Vatican has taken a stance on either way...? Things that make ya go Hmmmm...:rolleyes:

5. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Why?

Does your church serve beer and show Simpson re-runs? 'Cause if it's the case, I will go too.

[​IMG]

6. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

From what I hear, they only do that in Texas:wink_smile:

Road trip!

7. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

I grew up a catholic school kid, went to the same c-school from kindergarten to 8th grade. The Simpsons were highly frowned upon. I remember a friend getting reamed by a Sister because he suggested it was a good show. Full on Servant of God tantrum......those were the days.:redcarded:

8. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Good show, but controversial? I think the show has mostly faded out hasnt it? I prefer The Boondocks that show is a riot.

9. HuskyH-2

Same, I'm a big fan hence my avatar.

10. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

I noticed that. Great show I love how they pick on the whole "gansta" culture. Just takes way too long for the new seasons to come out.

11. HuskyH-2

3rd season was supposed to be it last I heard.