Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Short Rain coat

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  mpd61 
#1 ·
Is there a use for this thing? I wore mine tonight and my pants got so wet it was not funny.
I mean they cost almost as much as the long one and only keep you half as dry.
I know MSP Troopers all have these i hope they get long ones too.

#3 ·
We actually get both the long and short ones issued to us. The problem with wearing the long coat is that it is made of a heavier material and in hot weather is a lot like wearing a full-length trashbag (sweatbox :( ). The short rain coat is a made of a lighter material and breathes a bit easier, and is a bit easier to get around in. I only wear the long coat if its an absolute deluge out, otherwise I prefer the short coat. Your pants might get a little wet, but I consider this to be a fair trade-off for the mobililty and comfort.

#4 ·
The long coats are way to hot and I feel like a New Bedford fisherman just off the boat. I have only worn it once and it was the worst mistake of my life :( I think it will stay in my locker because the only use would be in hurricane type weather. The short coat is expensive but worth the purchase.

#5 ·
fscpd907 said:
I have only worn it once and it was the worst mistake of my life :( I think it will stay in my locker because the only use would be in hurricane type weather. The short coat is expensive but worth the purchase.
Well, if you've got a long coat that you're not too fond of and want a short one, you could always tailor the long one to a 3/4 or short coat. I know a couple of guys that have done this and it has worked out well.

#9 ·
Oh BOY!

Another topic to be filed under personal preference "I like these, we get these, my bum gets wet/hot/sticky/etc."
:oops: :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.