Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October 28, 2005

Phillipsburg, NJ has run into opposition as it attempts to pass a pedophile-free zone ordinance. The wife of a convicted sex offender contests the constitutionality of the ordinance, saying that it will violate not only her husband's, but her civil rights as well. Speaking under anonymity, the woman also complains of the restrictions placed on her husband by Meagan's Law.

Although officials cite the high relapse rate among sex offenders as the main reason for the predator-free zones, opposition questions the validity of the argument. City leaders such as Terrence M. Wall, Keansburg's borough manager, state that the legislation creates a rightful barrier between sex offenders and children. Wall insists that as this is a crime that cannot be recompensed, those who have raped a child have lost their rights.

Various boroughs and townships throughout New Jersey already have sex offender-free zones in action, and they have been met with enormous popularity. When weighed against the few it would inconvenience, it appears that the public has found protecting children more important.

For more information see The Express-Times

·
1,334 Posts
Various boroughs and townships throughout New Jersey already have sex offender-free zones in action, and they have been met with enormous popularity. When weighed against the few it would inconvenience, it appears that the public has found protecting children more important.
That is exactly how the courts should view it. Are the needs of society (protection from sex offenders of any level) more important than the individual rights of a small number of people. In this case, I hope if this gets in front of a judge they make the right decision.

·
1,334 Posts
SOT_II said:
Umm we should opt for a pedophile free planet...think about it...I mean REALLY think about it.
:dito:

How nice that would be

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Yep, F*ck him. I'm sure he wasn't thinking about the "civil rights" of the child he abused.

I personally happen to like a Scarlett Letter approach. Let's brand with a hot iron "diddler" across the foreheads of those that prey on children.

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
Pvt. Cowboy said:
Yep, F*ck him. I'm sure he wasn't thinking about the "civil rights" of the child he abused.

I personally happen to like a Scarlett Letter approach. Let's brand with a hot iron "diddler" across the foreheads of those that prey on children.
Cowboy myself I prefer the surgical removal method, but thats another rant.

I think its time for this woman to file for divorce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.