The key to a happy marriage????? | Page 2 | MassCops

The key to a happy marriage?????

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by L4G81, Oct 27, 2009.

1. MetrowestPD

MetrowestPD MassCops Member

The key is accepting the person you married and not trying to change them into what you want. Also, not sweating the small stuff.

2. Michele

Michele MassCops Member

Well said! Good advise Metro..I am THINKING about doin' it all again...:)

3. rocksy1826

rocksy1826 MassCops Member

hey! we had a pact! :D

4. StbbrnMedic

StbbrnMedic fraggle tamer

I would. I did it once and it didn't work out the way I thought it would, but I have the most incredible children because of it.
    Now I have a man I can actually see myself growing old with, and is everything I could ask for, and would do it again without hesitation.
    But only if he wants to.

5. kttref

kttref New Member

Key to a good marriage: Laughter

Get it right bitches!

6. Simon

Simon Guest

ABSOLUTELY nothing could be truer than that. I have watched some pretty amazing women go their seperate ways because neither one of us could be totally honest with eachother when something bothered us. I could talk a seagull off a Biggie fry in the Wendy's parking lot but sometimes with relationships it just isn't that easy. Give me a rat shoplifter at the mall and I can get him to admit to his whole lifes crimes but...... MAN. I don't know if it's the fear of the repercussions from laying it all out there or what.

(I really have no idea what's gotten into me with all these "real me" stories lately) I apologize and will now return to my jovial, ball breaking self.:BNANA:
    Stubborn I owe you a drink. ;)

PS. The liberal, social worker with the Masters and probably PHD by now doesn't count. Two TOTALLY diferent outlooks on society and it NEVER would have worked, ESP considering our professions.

7. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

Damn ... so many of us (including moi) who are so damn bitter! hahaha

Snipe .. be advised I ONLY thanked you for your hilarious edit response. HAHAHAHAHA

Kate .. the key to ANYTHING in life .. in my opinion, is laughter. That by far, in a man is the sexiest thing in the world. If I can come home after having the worst day at work and laugh? Then I am complete. Especially in our line of work ... if you cant laugh then you cant live, sane.

8. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

It's funny...anyone here ever call out details, only to have wives pick up the phone, consider the hours, and know what contractors are the best to work for all on their own before they say without any consultation, "An 8-3 NStar? Yeah, he'll take that."

9. MetrowestPD

MetrowestPD MassCops Member

Hint, Hint, Hint

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGksmlTWCFE[/nomedia]

10. Simon

Simon Guest

THAT would/will never happen in MY house..........

11. Beal Feirste

Beal Feirste MassCops Member

A mere touch, saying a thousand words in a split second.

12. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

What the heck are you waiting for Fra? Not being bad or nothing - but any woman that can read what you post and STILL say she loves you at the end of the day...I'm thinking she does.

Well it seems to often be the downfall of a couple, one gets married hoping the spouse never changes, the other one gets married thinking the spouse WILL.

And since Sniper made this a REAL thread with his post -to me the key is finding someone that stands next to you when times are hard. There are bumps in every road. You either have someone that can roll with that or you don't.

Know what matters, pick your battles, fight fair and be willing to let each other be right when it really matters to them. No grudges or rehashing. It's either resolved, it isn't, or it isn't going to be and you need to get over it.

Keep the fights clean and the sex dirty. Can't go wrong.

13. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Try and try again lol

1st marriage 3 1/2 years, I got custody of my son which was unheard of back then.

2nd marriage 20 years we split up peaceably.

3rd marriage will be 25 years on Dec.7 Pearl Harbor Day and we are still
    fighting LOL.

Yes I am a glutton for punishment but I never give up.

14. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Oh, we've got plenty of that. Looks like i'll be laughing at my husband for the rest of my life then, but it can't be good for his self esteem.:p

15. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

Did he have her listed as "Guantanamo" in his cell phone directory like the guy in Saudi?

16. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

Yeah, never happens in my house:rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

18. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

19. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

At the risk of having my "MAN CARD" revoked for saying this: :wub:

"A soul mate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected,
    as though the communicating and communing that take place between
    us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace."

20. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

Guarda ... you just won respect points in my book, pal. !) for writing such a sincere, truthful thing and 2) for having the BALLS to post that knowing that your man card is officially tainted. LOL

21. rocksy1826

rocksy1826 MassCops Member

that's kinda sweet... but i'm still gonna puke :uc:

22. Andy0921

Andy0921 MassCops Member

Hey! This is a family website!

23. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

Just so that we're clear on this, I'm still the boss of my home...
    (...and my wife gives me permission to say so.) :rolleyes:

24. StbbrnMedic

StbbrnMedic fraggle tamer

I'm going to hold you to that!!!

Oh trust me, there is PLENTY of that in our house! LOL

Trust me Metro... He is well aware of how I feel. ;)

That was awesome Garda... I'm going to borrow that.

25. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Garda, did you enter your testicles into NCIC as stolen?:p