The 'heroic' police officer who swapped himself for a hostage in a French terror attack has died | MassCops

The 'heroic' police officer who swapped himself for a hostage in a French terror attack has died

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Mar 24, 2018.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Pure heroism. God Bless him and may he Rest in Peace.

brk120, HistoryHound and FTH like this.
  3. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Very brave indeed , but does a country like France deserve such men ?
    Instead of purging the savages from their country they're sacrificing the lives of good men.

Kilvinsky, brk120 and HistoryHound like this.
  4. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Sadly the powers that be don't deserve the good people that their "leadership" has failed. Over the past few years my bucket list has gotten shorter because the beautiful and interesting places that I've seen in pictures and heard others talk about have become a shadow of what they once were. I would hope that the "leaders" in France will recognize Officer Beltrame's sacrifice, understand that it was their policies that led to the situation he found himself in and start making the necessary changes to prevent such a situation in the future. I don't think that will happen, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Kilvinsky, brk120, pahapoika and 2 others like this.
  5. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

It is not about French government (or any other government). Federal agents protecting country ... Police officers are protecting people ... Like Kilv said - it's pure selfless heroism!

HistoryHound likes this.
  6. Kilvinsky

I'm glad you added 'selfless'. I left it out.

Some could say that he was crazy to do it. Some would say it was totally unnecessary. Some weren't there and prefer not to judge, just admire the act to save the life of another, like we seem to be doing.

HistoryHound and FTH like this.
  7. IrishCop

IrishCop International Member

8. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Not questioning that officer's bravery, honor or dignity. He was what no muslim terrorist will ever be.

The French government has let their people down . Stop the invasion !!!

HistoryHound and FTH like this.
  9. Kilvinsky

I would, for years say that I had no prejudice against any group, EXCEPT FRANCE. I had HISTORY on my side.

The past few years, I've seen the attacks in France and the outstanding response by the French cops. I've seen the heroic acts of the French cops and even the French people. I still can't bring myself to buy French products (wine, Grey Goose) but I proudly say, VIVE LA FRANCE!

Don't tell anyone, OK? This is OUR secret.

pahapoika likes this.