Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Typical tabloid journalism. When are we going to get a real paper in this town to counter the Bolshevik Globe?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
The Record, for all their pronouncements to the contrary, is still just a cop-hating rag. period. Just witness Howie Carr's unreasoning hatred of the state police.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
At the risk of igniting another firestorm of controversy as I did in another thread, Irishpride and Officer Dunngeon are right. Regardless of how nice the victim or her family are, people do not act in predictable ways. If they did sociology and psychology would be hard sciences and not the sophisticated guessing games that they are.

We need to remember that once our children leave the nest, we no longer have direct influence on them. All we can do is hope that the lessons we, our family and our religions taught the child were enough. This stage of life, 18 - 22 yoa, is the young adults experimentation phase: they will make wrong choices...mostly they will survive to learn from them. A case in point would by the "Girls Gone Wild" videos advertised ad nauseum on TV during the dogwatch. How many proud parents would be shocked to see their little girl on one of those videos?

Maybe Miss Snelgrove was blameless, but my experience in these matters causes me to be skeptical...I would suggest that youthful indiscretion, coupled with randomness, chance and probability, are more likely in this tragedy.

But to get back to the photographs, the difference in this instance is that Miss Snelgrove is a member of our peer group, and the "gang banger" is not...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.