Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have smoked in the past......... parties etc. I have since stopped
I heard that that give you a hair test. Maybe things have changed???

any other advice..... I take the exam on 3/19
anything would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks alot :twisted:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gentlemen, It is hair for the Mass DOC. Don't think about shaving all of it because they will disqualify you if you don't allow them to do it.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
:shock: If you're really concerned that they are going to find evidence of drug use in your drug test sample, please please please don't go. Leave the slot open for someone else. If you're a habitual drug user, stay out of the CJ field. If you did pot one time years ago I don't think it will show up in your hair sample, Jamie. If you did drugs recently, don't go because if you go and you test positive I seriously doubt you'll have any chance of getting on-the-job there in the future. It would be quite the embarrassment to fail your drug test while trying to get on a police or correction department. :oops:

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
BOSSMAN - 3 quickies:
1. I wear a #2 all year. Is that enough to get an accurate test?
Or should I start to let it grow out?
2. Is the hair test the only time the drugs question comes up?
The reason I ask, is that I don't think the CT SP background investigator
believed me in 91' when I said I never, ever took an illegal drug,
not even as a youth. I did pass the polygraph however...
3. How long would you guess we have after 03/19/2005 before they
call candidates for the initial interviews & PFT?
I'm trying to lose a few more lbs. to make the push-ups a little less
stressful on the shoulder, but its been rough...

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Most hair tests are done by psychemedics since they have a good reputation and is the most accurate "and it can single out secondhand exposure". That test detects all traces of drug use for the past 3 to 6 months. It can detect for up to two years depending on if you used it constantly where the THC builds up in your system. If you have stopped 6 months (1 year or more is better) and if you do not have a history of chronic usage or addiction then you will be set. If not then you might want to find a different career because LE is not very accepting of excuses when it comes to the issue, unless you meet the circumstances I mentioned and let them know that you don't do it anymore.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I shave my head with a mach 3 razor. They took the hair sample from my chest. As for future testing, I think they would test you if you crash a cruiser or shoot someone etc. The bottom line is if you are sweating a drug test then you probably won't pass it because you obviously recently used drugs. Like "JoninNH" stated, do not waste your spot for someone else who is serious about the job. That is my :2c:

·
Registered
32 Posts
148 sgt's short and another approx 80LT's so when they start promoting they will hire about 300 over the next year. I think this is accurtate info. The hire you score the quicker you will be called sooner. good luck underarm or chest hair The longer the better for them trim them pubes fools.

·
Registered
159 Posts
KozmoKramer";p="59686 said:
BOSSMAN - 3 quickies:
1. I wear a #2 all year. Is that enough to get an accurate test?
Or should I start to let it grow out?
2. Is the hair test the only time the drugs question comes up?
The reason I ask, is that I don't think the CT SP background investigator
believed me in 91' when I said I never, ever took an illegal drug,
not even as a youth. I did pass the polygraph however...
3. How long would you guess we have after 03/19/2005 before they
call candidates for the initial interviews & PFT?
I'm trying to lose a few more lbs. to make the push-ups a little less
stressful on the shoulder, but its been rough...
Koz, I work with the BOSSMAN maybe I can offer some help.
I heard they took a hair out of Jesse James' grave and found out he was addicted to morphine. This test sounds extremely accurate. If interviewed be honest and truthful.
CBA Article 29 Paragraph 1: An employee shall be subjected to immediate drug test if probable cause of drug use exist as determined by his/her Superintendent or management designee.
It will take about three to five months to certify the list I would be willing to bet cards will go out in July or August if not sooner.
Good luck with the test and pre-screen. JGH

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
From what i understand the hair test is extremely accurate, however- the more accurate and further u wanna go back the more expensive and time consuming it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.