Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a very long 5 years since my last real (over 3 days) vacation....and we are leaving next Saturday for Orlando! I can't wait. I thought you would all want to know! haha...ok, maybe not! \:D/

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,710 Posts
Katy,

remember, what happens in Orlando.............................
:lol:
When you going to Norway?
:wink:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
....what happens in Orlando?

We'll go to Norway when we have the money and the time off! Granted, we'll go to Norway at Epcot...it's kinda close. Have you been there (Norway, not Epcot)?

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
My ex's mother works at Disney, we used to go there a couple of times a year. Now I am so Disney-ed out I think I am all set for another 10 years or so. Animal Kingdom is my favorite though; small park, but the Safari Ride is awesome!

The Aerosmith roller coaster at MGM is cool too. I normally hate roller coasters, but this is a giant limo that blares Aerosmith while you zoom around in the dark. I never went on the Hotel Elevator ride (can't think of the name of it right now) - something about a straight drop 13 or so times does not appeal to me.

My all time favorite Disney ride: The Haunted Mansion. I'll never get tired of that.

Have a great time!!!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dunny. I was raised a Disney kid..it was the only vacation we went on when I was younger. We'd go every 2-5 years (depending on money)...The elevator ride is Tower of Terror...It's my husbands favorite ride. It's one of mine too. But there are so many things about those parks I love...

I even got a REAL bad case of food poisining once, and I still go back!

Thanks though! :)

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
I was there a few weeks ago. Dunny is right, the Rockin Roller Coaster is key.....its awesome.

Tower of Terror.....that didn't agree with my system. Nor did the space simulator thingy. If you have a weak stomach dont go on those rides.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the only one I haven't gone on yet, is Mission Space. I'm really excited about that one. It looks fantastic!

We're going to go to Universal too, the rollercosters there are amazing. Last time we went we got on Hulk and Dueling Dragons quick and got the front row at least once. I love it!

Vacation is so needed!

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
I got in line for Mission Space then I quickly backed out. I can't do that stuff anymore.

The absolute WORST Disney ride are the Teacups. Puke city.

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
kttref";p="65901 said:
Yeah the only one I haven't gone on yet, is Mission Space. I'm really excited about that one. It looks fantastic! !
Oh you better have one heck of a strong stomach. They actually have little bags for you to get sick in! No joke

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha, watch I'll be the person who pukes, but I don't care. I'm so excited. I had heard that too Robo...so we shall see.

Dunny - I agree, those teacups are hell!!! :roll:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every since the first time I went on the teacups (and any merry-go-round and feris wheel), I have HATED them...and for the most part refused to go on them again.

I have never gone to Rocky Point Park, so I wouldn't be able to compare...sorry...although kids roller coasters suck, well because they're not big and fast enough...just bouncy.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
The one and only time I went on the Teacups was when I was 10 and I never felt so sick in my life... and that was back in the day when I wanted to go on all those fast and twisty upside-down rides, I lived for that stuff... those Teacups just kicked my ass! :uc:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still live for roller coasters :) Let's just hope I don't end up like this ----> :uc:

I haven't yet, it would suck to start now.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Coasters:
How about the old wooden ones like the Comet at
Cony Island in NY or the one that was at Nantasket Beach in Hull or the one at Lincoln Park in Dartmouth.
Sad to say the only one out of the three that is still
around is the Comet.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know who has some awesome wooden coasters? Hershey Park, down in PA...they're really good..and they seem to keep coming out with more!

·
Registered
145 Posts
kwflatbed";p="65954 said:
Coasters:
How about the old wooden ones like the Comet at
Cony Island in NY or the one that was at Nantasket Beach in Hull or the one at Lincoln Park in Dartmouth.
Sad to say the only one out of the three that is still
around is the Comet.
is lincoln park still open?

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
No it closed quite a few years ago they are talking about condos in there. Some of the coaster is still standing that is all that is left of it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.