The Arizona Immigration Law Thread. | MassCops

The Arizona Immigration Law Thread.

Discussion in 'Illegal Immigration Issues' started by CJIS, May 20, 2010.

1. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Mexico's President Blasts Arizona Immigration Law

foxnews.com At the start of Wednesday's state visit, Calderon said the law discriminated against Mexicans and called for the two countries to work together to develop an immigration policy that did not force people to live in the shadows. "I say to you and to the Mexican people: Let us stand together," said President Obama.

2. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Posts from temp site

kwflatbed05-19-2010 06:12 PM
    SF sheriff wants out of federal program

SF sheriff wants out of federal program

Program uses the fingerprints of arrestees to check their immigration status
    Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO San Francisco's sheriff is seeking to opt out of a federal program that uses the fingerpri...

Police One -

kwflatbed05-19-2010 05:39 PML.A. Rejects Arizona Warning

L.A. Rejects Arizona Warning

Los Angeles mayor defiantly rejects threat from Arizona utility official to cut off power to the city | (pdf)

Napolitano, Holder Haven't Read the Law — YOU Can

FOX FORUM: Mr. Obama, Please Read Arizona Law

YOU DECIDE: Do You Agree With Arizona's Response?

Obama Joins Calderon in Ripping Ariz. Law | VIDEO

SLIDESHOW: White House Hosts Mexican President

McCain: Comparing Arizona to China Is 'Outrage'

cc391505-18-2010 04:37 PMRe: Immigration

For anyone who's interested. Here's the text of Arizona's immigration law. The one that all the dems didn't read and lambasted anyway.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

kwflatbed05-18-2010 10:58 AMCost of Illegal Immigration Rising Rapidly in Arizona, Study Finds

Arizona’s illegal immigrant population is costing the state’s taxpayers even more than once thought -- a whopping $2.7 billion in 2009, according to researchers at the public interest group that helped write the state's new immigration law.
    Researchers at FAIR – The Federation for American Immigration Reform -- released data exclusively to FoxNews.com that show a steady cost climb in multiple areas, including incarceration, education and [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]health[/COLOR][/COLOR], in the last five years.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/17...est=latestnews

Blonde Bombshell05-18-2010 09:45 AMRe: Immigration

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hatian Sensatian (Post 122)
    Ive been running across brazilians with Washington State driver licenses that have no photo. The box where the photo normally appears says "no photo available". I wonder if I mail a check and an application to WS with my toy dobermans info, if they will mail me a license. Anyone else seen these?

No, but how about this one?

http://rossmyers.com/images/drivers%20license.jpg

Hatian Sensatian05-18-2010 09:36 AMRe: Immigration

Ive been running across brazilians with Washington State driver licenses that have no photo. The box where the photo normally appears says "no photo available". I wonder if I mail a check and an application to WS with my toy dobermans info, if they will mail me a license. Anyone else seen these?

mtc05-18-2010 05:43 AMRe: Immigration

After what I went through with them a few years ago, and staring down multiple fraud charges - because THEY were screwed up.... F*ck them!

USMCMP581105-18-2010 02:47 AMRe: Immigration

shocking isn't it?

mtc05-18-2010 01:40 AMRe: Immigration

While at Dunks last week picking up treats for sons' Drama Club tech group, I was approached by a man who could barely speak English - looking for a Bank of America.

cc391505-17-2010 05:44 PMRe: Immigration

Bank of America, can I help you?

Customer: Yes, I want to cancel my account. I don't want to do business with you any longer.

The Bank: Why?

Customer: You're giving credit to illegal immigrants and I don't think it's right. I'm taking my business elsewhere.

The Bank: Well, Mr. Customer, we don't want to see you do that, but we can't stop you. I'll help you close the account. What is your account number?

Customer: (gives account number)

The Bank: For security purposes and for your protection, can you please give me the last four digits of your social security number?

Customer: No?

The Bank: Mr. Customer, I need to verify your information, but in order to help you, I'll need verification of who you are..

Customer: Why should I give you my social security number? The reason I'm closing my account is that your bank is issuing credit cards to illegal immigrants who don't have social security numbers. You are targeting that audience and want their business. Let's say I'm an illegal immigrant and you've given me a credit card. I have a question about it and call for assistance You wouldn't be asking me for a Social Security number, would you?

The Bank: No sir, I wouldn't.

Customer: Why not?

The Bank: Because you would have pressed '2' to speak in Spanish. We don't ask for that information when calling in on the Spanish line.

If it does raise the hair on the back of your neck, then forward it to every human in the country including every representative in Washington , DC four times a week for a month…!!

Provided "snopes" for doubters:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/immig...kofamerica.asp

LawMan305-17-2010 03:57 PM
    Re: Immigration

Where's the "Thanks" button when you need it?!

Sam197405-17-2010 02:44 PMRe: Immigration

you're correct, sir.. you are absolutely correct!

it sucks.

cc391505-17-2010 02:30 PMImmigration

Let me see if i got this right.

If you cross the north korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.

If you cross the iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.

If you cross the afghan border illegally, you get shot.

If you cross the saudi arabian border illegally you will be jailed.

If you cross the chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.

If you cross the venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.

If you cross the cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.

If you cross the u.s. Border illegally you get

a job,
    a drivers license,
    social security card,
    welfare,
    food stamps,
    credit cards,
    subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house,
    free education,
    free health care,
    a lobbyist in washington
    billions of dollars worth of public documents printed in your language
    the right to carry your country's flag while you protest that you don't get enough respect
    and, in many instances, you can vote.

I just wanted to make sure i had a firm grasp on the situation

4. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

We are screwed, plain and simple.

5. John3885

John3885 MassCops Member

I sent this to the AZ Gov.

Governor Brewer,
    I would like to express my most sincere support in your decision on the immigration laws seeking much controversy throughout the United States. I am not an Arizona resident and most likely never will be one (all my family is from New England) but your actions have changed my thoughts towards government. I have just recently showed interest in politics, actually ever since my state Governor Deval Patrick began taking away Police Officer perks, such as the Quinn Bill and road details. Based on your actions I pray that our new governor, whom ever that may be has the courage, integrity and honor that you have shown the entire World. I am in no way against immigration but am against people living here illegally, taking advantage of our social programs and not returning anything to the community. The fact that we have so many illegal immigrants is a huge National Security threat and I commend your actions, I hope one day that I am able to shake your hand and thank you for your service which I believe will be the spark that ignites the flame for a new reform.

6. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Just got the following email, it pretty much sums it all up:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part). If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard-working and honest, um...., except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me.
    [/FONT]

7. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

8. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

17 more states planning Ariz. 'illegal' crackdown

17 more states planning Ariz. 'illegal' crackdown

wnd.com John Morton, who heads the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, said his agency might not process illegal aliens caught under state jurisdiction, the Chicago Tribune reported.

That sucks if they don't.

9. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Yeah, that approach has worked really well. Thanks for nothing.

You mean the one that was modeled after FEDERAL LAW? Had you not heard? Are you implying that they "acted stupidly" as well?

2 years 244 more days in Wonderland...

10. kwflatbed

11. 8MORE

8MORE MassCops Angel

12. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLMjbe-__jI"]YouTube- Harsh Laws[/nomedia]

13. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Who are the first people to make contact with an illegal immigrant: Feds looking for illegals, or local police? Hmmm, therefore, other than a Fed looking for someone overstaying their Visa, states should create their own laws (sound familiar?) that mirror the CFRs or whatever laws that cover immigration status. Then the laws will have some teeth.

14. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

15. kwflatbed

16. kwflatbed

[​IMG]

1,200 guardsmen to US-Mexico boundary

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's plan to send as many as 1,200 National Guard troops to the US-Mexico border appears to be a scaled-down version of the border security approach championed by his predecessor. (28 comments)

17. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

The Town of Brookline, Massachusetts has become the latest in a growing list of states and communities voting to boycott the State of Arizona following passage of the state's "get tough" immigration law. Recent news stories say several communities in that state have filed suits against the state as business has dropped dramatically with cancellations and boycotts. Phoenix alone reports cancellations that have cost that community 90-million dollars thus far. Several business leaders who initially supported the law are now re-considering as they watch tourist trade and other business deals canceled since the law was passed. In the meantime others praise the Arizona law and are calling for passage of similar laws in other states.

18. kwflatbed

Police Chiefs to Meet With Attorney General Holder Regarding Arizona Immigration Law

Police Chiefs to Meet With Attorney General Holder Regarding Arizona Immigration Law Chuck Wexler Executive Director FOR PLANNING PURPOSES: CONTACT: Craig Fischer Police Executive Research Foru...

L.A.P.D. -

LAPD's Beck joins other chiefs to say Arizona immigration law could cripple law enforcement

Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck joined other law enforcement leaders in Washington on Wednesday to slam Arizona's crackdown on illegal immigration, saying it could cripple police work and drive ...

Los Angeles Times -

19. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

20. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Justice Dep't Says Az Immigration Law is Unconstitutional

abcnews.go.com The Department of Justice said Arizona's immigration law is unconstitutional on the grounds that the state has overstepped it's authority and because the law has potential for abuse. A team of Justice Department attorneys has written a recommendation challenging the Arizona immigration law...

21. kwflatbed

DOJ, Arizona officials meet over immigration law

(05-28) 19:23 PDT PHOENIX (AP) --

Justice Department officials told Arizona's attorney general and aides to the governor Friday that the federal government has serious reservations about the state's new immigration law. They responded that a lawsuit against the state isn't the answer.

"I told them we need solutions from Washington, not more lawsuits," said Attorney General Terry Goddard, a Democrat.

The Justice Department initiated separate meetings by phone and face-to-face in Phoenix with Goddard and aides to Republican Gov. Jan Brewer to reach out to Arizona's leaders and elicit information from state officials regarding the Obama administration's concerns about the new law.

Read more: DOJ, Arizona officials meet over immigration law

22. kwflatbed

23. kwflatbed

24. kwflatbed

25. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching