Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night I just happened to come across a show on the boob tube that I've never seen before. THE ACADEMY is a reality show that follows a class through the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department Academy.While I saw only this one episode I would highly recommend it deserves a closer look by anyone interested in police work.

While the show is heavy on showing how a diverse recruit class is appreciated by their department, it doesn't fail to show how they will ditch a guy who doesn't cut it.

The washout in this episode was so bad I really wonder how he ever got there. I had to laugh when the parting speech included that "You're welcome to try again" line knowing this guy will have trouble getting an order straight at McDonalds.

I saw the show on the MY TV affiliate in New Hampshire. Check it out if it comes to a screen near you.

·
Subscribing Member
3,548 Posts
I believe they are in season 3 of the show, I remember maybe a year and a half ago it was on Fox Reality
Correct, it's a Fox Reality Channel original series.

Many of us out west, including a number of LA County Sheriffs that I know, are surprised that Sheriff Baca allowed this show to be made at their academy. There's enough pressure on people in the academy to begin wth, just imagine how it is with TV cameras all around to see every time you screw up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.