Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Governor Expects Challenge In 2010

Patrick Eager For Others To Run

BOSTON -- Gov. Deval Patrick says he is eager to be challenged when he runs for re-election in 2010.

While the Democrat has been insisting he would seek a second term, speculation has swirled that he might be lured to Washington if Barack Obama is elected president next week.

The governor is urging average citizens to challenge incumbents in the aftermath of a series of ethics scandals, most recently the arrest of Sen. Dianne Wilkerson on bribery charges.
In announcing a series of proposed ethics reforms Friday, the governor said, "I fully expect to be challenged when I run for re-election in 2010."

Asked if that meant he was committing to the state and not an Obama administration, Patrick says, "That's what that means."

What a friggin LIAR

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/17860991/detail.html

G

·
looks like I may be eating my words and I apologize. Got this via email today.

UTICA, New York -- Republican John McCain made a small gain against Democrat Barack Obama and has pulled back within the margin of error, now trailing Obama by five points, 49.1% to 44.1%, the latest Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking telephone poll shows.
Almost two days worth of the polling -- or about half of the current sample in the three-day rolling poll of likely voters nationwide, was conducted after Obama's 30-minute commercial aired Wednesday evening. There is no evidence it helped him, as he has dropped 1.1 points in the last two days, while McCain has gained 0.8 points during the same period.
Pollster John Zogby: "Is McCain making a move? The three-day average holds steady, but McCain outpolled Obama today, 48% to 47%. He is beginning to cut into Obama's lead among independents, is now leading among blue collar voters, has strengthened his lead among investors and among men, and is walloping Obama among NASCAR voters. Joe the Plumber may get his license after all. "Obama's lead among women declined, and it looks like it is occurring because McCain is solidifying the support of conservative women, which is something we saw last time McCain picked up in the polls. If McCain has a good day tomorrow, we will eliminate Obama's good day three days ago, and we could really see some tightening in this rolling average. But for now, hold on."

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
The governor is urging average citizens to challenge incumbents in the aftermath of a series of ethics scandals
I could never be part of the legislature, dealing with theives all around you and all of the whining from your constituency. Now the executive branch, that's pretty appealing to me Mr. Governor...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts