Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 4166 Posts

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Re: SORRY PROBABLY NO 80thRTT

tazoez said:
Three questions:

1. How reliable is your source (or are you MSP and have first hand knowledge)?

2. Where in the budget do you see the appropriations for the funding for this -- I double checked and did not see funding.

3. If they are doing another class off this list, how far down are they going (I know that it is of no use to me anyways since I have to take the next exam, but for people that are waiting off this one, they might find this part useful).
Owned!

·
Registered
12 Posts

tin63 said:
Has anybody heard anything new about whether there may be an 80th this summer or if a new test is coming??
Advice I took on board, "Don't let it consume you"... if it comes around it's a bonus...a BIG bonus at this stage. You can hope but don't let it consume you or hold you back.

·
Subscribing Member
5,135 Posts

tazoez said:
Three questions:

1. How reliable is your source (or are you MSP and have first hand knowledge)?

2. Where in the budget do you see the appropriations for the funding for this -- I double checked and did not see funding.

3. If they are doing another class off this list, how far down are they going (I know that it is of no use to me anyways since I have to take the next exam, but for people that are waiting off this one, they might find this part useful).
1. The source happens to be close to Mrs. Patrick's secretary. Why else would she quit a $72,000 job but to join the MSP and get any assignment she wants from the governor?

2. The budget has been funded from the money saved from the secretary quitting, the sale of the Caddy on E-Bay, and the curtain rods that were returned. (Everyone thought the curtains were expensive but they only hid the cost of the solid gold rods.) Also, all of the MSP helicopters have been decommissioned. According to Deval, "If I can't ride in them, no one can!"

3. They will be going as far down as it takes to get to the secretary.

This happens to come from a good source who probably might know what is going on but can't say for sure because he wasn't there.

·
Subscribing Member
856 Posts

SinePari said:
No, not owned, just trying to expose a person stirring the $hit.

1st -- I would have been contacted by my source on MSP if there was going to be another class or another exam.

2nd -- Other people on here who do not have a source on the MSP might have believed him.

3rd -- I believe in checking around before posting (Mass Budget, since I know that the House has posted their recommendations) so that I am not posting false information.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Actually I just looked at the mass.gov website and the house has NOT posted their recommendations as of yet.

·
Subscribing Member
927 Posts

Good lord. If you spend half as much time getting in shape as you do asking the same question over and over, then you should bypass the SP and go straight to the Olympics. 17 total posts, 11 of them are about the phantom 80th..
Life moves on buddy...

·
Subscribing Member
5,135 Posts

Any chance of the state finding a Surplus before the fiscal year ends on June 30th? :beer:

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts

Any chance of the state finding a Surplus before the fiscal year ends on June 30th? :beer:
Keep dreaming.

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts

Wolfman said:
I don't know about anyone else but this whole thread reminds me of taking a trip with the kids, you're moving along and they keep asking, "Are we there yet?".
So you tell them "No, we'll be there in about 2 hours."
10 mintues later: "Are we there yet?"
15 minutes after that: "Are we almost there?"

Then, the bigger kids chime in with their words of wisdom: "I think I saw a sign that said it's only 5 miles away." when you know for a fact you're still 100 miles out.
You try again to explain that it will be awhile.
But that's not enough for your carload of Einsteins: "Last time we came here it didn't take this long."

Then you unexpectedly run into a little traffic. Your 90 remaining minutes have now turned into another 2 1/2 hours. It should be fairly obvious to everyone that you're moving at little to no speed, but still you hear: "Are we ALMOST there?"

You look at your wife; she looks back at you - neither side of the family has a genetic history that includes an IQ of an eggplant, yet once more you hear it:
"Are we there yet?"

It's all you can do to keep from turning around, smacking them in the heads, and telling them to just "SHUT THE FVCK UP, WE'LL GET THERE WHEN WE GET THERE!!!"

But you know that they're just simple kids, otherwise they would just LISTEN, PAY ATTENTION, and FIGURE IT OUT.

...might just be me though.
Your an artist with words Wolfman. :mrgreen:

·
Troll Killer
1,027 Posts

i think they may be holding off untill they decide what they are going to do with the transit police

·
Registered
39 Posts

Danman said:
i think they may be holding off untill they decide what they are going to do with the transit police
I heard from my source, who heard from his source, who heard it directly from Deval that there will be no 80th. The plan is for the MSP to absorb the Transit Police, Boston Housing, all of the Sheriff departments, and the left over Muni's to bring them up to full staff.

I also heard from someone that knows someone's brother who lives next door to a Trooper that long term plans include assimilating all local departments and then conquering Rhode Island.

·
Registered
429 Posts

Cant wait to get Rhode Island. I like staying at their beaches better then the cape! Anyways the rest of the country probly won't notice, I remember a thing on the radio WBRU (Providence) where Rhode Islanders called in about how people from other states think their state is Long Island and vice versa.

But really, does anyone think that even the smallest chatter around MSP or the statehouse regarding another class will go WITHOUT being brought up here?

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts

What you want to do is call your friend with a spoof card, shwoing the number as GHQ and tell him to report for a PT test at New Braintree in 1 week with his updated background package. You'd be doing him a f avor, i bet he'll be running everyday. :D

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts

tazoez said:
No, not owned, just trying to expose a person stirring the $hit.

1st -- I would have been contacted by my source on MSP if there was going to be another class or another exam.

2nd -- Other people on here who do not have a source on the MSP might have believed him.

3rd -- I believe in checking around before posting (Mass Budget, since I know that the House has posted their recommendations) so that I am not posting false information.
Ahh, if you have to explain yourself why you wrote what you did...OWNED! C'mon man, lighten up Francis

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts

Probably my absolute favorite Larson Far Side Cartoon, Wolfman.

There will be an 80th RTT eventually, that I'm sure, but when... that's the mystery. Just be patient...if you have a local department, another state agency or the Feds banging your door down then go. We'll still be here, and if you happen get that fabled acceptance letter, then you can always come back. We have plenty of people who left CSP, NHSP, VSP, federal agencies and countless local departments. Or stay where you are if that makes you happy. The point is don't put your entire existence on hold for something that may happen tomorrow or two years from now.

101 - 120 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.