Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 4166 Posts

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts
Re: SORRY PROBABLY NO 80thRTT

you have an inside track on info? Spill it.....or are you trying to keep the faith?

·
Registered
12 Posts

That's all I have, guys with juice are looking at the merits of an 80th from the current list, maybe something maybe nothing.

·
Registered
32 Posts

How is there possibly talk for an 80th if the state is not giving the MSP any extra money for their budget?

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts

I think that's an official title now in the MSP. "Guys with Juice" are now four stripe officers.

Come on Sox....don't mean to give you a hard time here but what the hell are you talking about?? "Maybe something, maybe nothing".......Thanks for that solid opinion.

G

·

no shit dude............ help some brothers out......... is we is, or is we isnt ?????

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts

sox6V said:
There is talk within MSP for an 80th from the current list...
Don't count on it for a while. Golden Boy Deval did not fund our OT line item. If his budget were to pass as is, we would have ZERO funding for OT. Never has there been ZERO funding in the OT budget since our OT became a separate line item.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Having a line item in the budget would be nice, but they could fund another class from the SP general fund. If let's say 200 out of the 300 who have their papers in decide to retire today, would the MSP just run at a manpower shortage for a year, and hope no one else retired, or do you think they would "find" some money and put another class on? It looks good that there is no money appropriated for a new test, but there again, if they want one, they will find the necessary funds.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Regardless of when it happens. Do you think that the odds are greater for an 80th class happening from this list, or for a new test to happen first???

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts

Do you think that the odds are greater for an 80th class happening from this list, or for a new test to happen first???
"You know what I think...doesn't really matter what I think."

·
Registered
39 Posts

I'll give Deval a call in the morning and get this straightened out. I'll be 32 this year, I don't have time for these "maybe yes, maybe no" games.

·
Registered
654 Posts

I heard from a very good source that there will be no new test and Deval has decided to have a lottery with some DOC inmates to become new troopers to fill the 80th RTT.....and that's from a very good source fellas

·
Registered
32 Posts

Has anybody heard anything new about whether there may be an 80th this summer or if a new test is coming??

·
Registered
847 Posts

tin63 said:
Has anybody heard anything new about whether there may be an 80th this summer or if a new test is coming??
Start date is June 4,2007. They are finishing up the backgrounds now and scheduling the PTs in April.

·
Subscribing Member
856 Posts

OutOfManyOne said:
Start date is June 4,2007. They are finishing up the backgrounds now and scheduling the PTs in April.
Three questions:

1. How reliable is your source (or are you MSP and have first hand knowledge)?

2. Where in the budget do you see the appropriations for the funding for this -- I double checked and did not see funding.

3. If they are doing another class off this list, how far down are they going (I know that it is of no use to me anyways since I have to take the next exam, but for people that are waiting off this one, they might find this part useful).

81 - 100 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.