Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
821 - 840 of 4166 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
I'm not claiming to know how it all works, but if I'm hearing from someone on the job, how can I be lying?
There has been no official statements to either the union or command staff concerning either layoffs, furloughs, demotions, issuance of electric cruisers, or merging with the T, FBI or Coast Guard. What you heard was trooper speculating on a rumor.

You might want to preface any statements with that little tidbit before causing the rumor-mill to grind even harder with more wild stories.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
This was very good news. The great thing about the MSP is the bond amongst the Troopers. The MSP would rather give up a couple weeks of furlough, then to see their brothers without a job. That right there is another reason out of a thousand that make this one of the most sought after careers in Mass.
On the flip side, there are greedy Troopers out there who would love to backfill the open shifts at time and a half...

·
Registered
25 Posts
There has been no official statements to either the union or command staff concerning either layoffs, furloughs, demotions, issuance of electric cruisers, or merging with the T, FBI or Coast Guard. What you heard was trooper speculating on a rumor.

You might want to preface any statements with that little tidbit before causing the rumor-mill to grind even harder with more wild stories.
Well I'm not one for starting any rumors and I'm also one of the guys who are in limbo. It was just refreshing to hear that from a legitimate Trooper. In my city, the locals rejected such a proposal and it's going to cause a 13 man layoff.

G

·
Well I'm not one for starting any rumors and I'm also one of the guys who are in limbo. It was just refreshing to hear that from a legitimate Trooper. In my city, the locals rejected such a proposal and it's going to cause a 13 man layoff.
Considering there were no cuts in local aid in this round of budget cuts, no local police department is seeing a loss of funding except for community police grants. Unless the department you're referencing is the only one in Massachusetts to fund 13 positions with community police grants (impossible), you're being fed a line of shit (extremely possible).

Here's some advice; don't drop unsubstantiated rumors around here. It accomplishes nothing except ruining your credibility.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Considering there were no cuts in local aid in this round of budget cuts, no local police department is seeing a loss of funding except for community police grants. Unless the department you're referencing is the only one in Massachusetts to fund 13 positions with community police grants (impossible), you're being fed a line of shit (extremely possible).

Here's some advice; don't drop unsubstantiated rumors around here. It accomplishes nothing except ruining your credibility.
Considering that I said it is going to cause a 13 man lay-off doesn't mean that it actually happened. Some of you are unbelievable with all this. I always read these posts and hear a bunch of crap and some good advice from certain people, but and as soon as I relay info from someone who does the damn job, I get a bunch of BS responses.

Stop being so damn uptight with all this rumor talk. I'm not sitting here claiming to be Cleo the psychic and nor do I run around asking people what he next big thing is. I'm an officer as well and understand what credibility can do to your reputation.

Give it a rest, I'm done posting.

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
Considering that I said it is going to cause a 13 man lay-off doesn't mean that it actually happened. Some of you are unbelievable with all this. I always read these posts and hear a bunch of crap and some good advice from certain people, but and as soon as I relay info from someone who does the damn job, I get a bunch of BS responses.

Stop being so damn uptight with all this rumor talk. I'm not sitting here claiming to be Cleo the psychic and nor do I run around asking people what he next big thing is. I'm an officer as well and understand what credibility can do to your reputation.

8-O This ought to be good..........

G

·
Considering that I said it is going to cause a 13 man lay-off doesn't mean that it actually happened.
What impeccable logic; I can say anything because it might happen in the future.

Some of you are unbelievable with all this. I always read these posts and hear a bunch of crap and some good advice from certain people, but and as soon as I relay info from someone who does the damn job, I get a bunch of BS responses.
Did it ever occur to you that some of us might do the damn job also, and your "source" is just fucking with you?

What kind of officer?

Promise?

·
Registered
25 Posts
What impeccable logic; I can say anything because it might happen in the future.

I agree, anyone could say this. 1-0 you

Did it ever occur to you that some of us might do the damn job also, and your "source" is just fucking with you?

I know that plenty of you are officers/troopers and my source wouldn't pull that shit. He's a very respected troopers. draw

What kind of officer?

Police officer (local) draw

Promise?
Yes...maybe

G

·
Your source is a "very respected troopers" who is telling you about possible layoffs on a local department? Do you not see the problem with that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your source is a "very respected troopers" who is telling you about possible layoffs on a local department? Do you not see the problem with that?
I meant trooper singular, but thanks for the critique.

I honestly believe that he was just comparing the MSP to the Locals in regards to departmental sacrifice. This person works closely with some of the locals on special units.

This was oviously the start of my downfall on this thread. I make a statement by one of your own (assuming that you are a trooper as well) and praise the MSP and get sucker punched. Wasn't worth it.

G

·
This was oviously the start of my downfall on this thread. I make a statement by one of your own (assuming that you are a trooper as well) and praise the MSP and get sucker punched. Wasn't worth it.
I'm not, which is my entire point; I know how local budgets operate, so therefore I know that no local department is laying off 13 people due to Coupe Deval's budget cuts.

I and others attempted to save you from yourself by advising you don't spread rumors. Your plowed ahead anyway, and you can see the results for yourself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not, which is my entire point; I know how local budgets operate, so therefore I know that no local department is laying off 13 people due to Coupe Deval's budget cuts.

I and others attempted to save you from yourself by advising you don't spread rumors. Your plowed ahead anyway, and you can see the results for yourself.
I can take the punches, it's all good. I just decided to get into a conversation and see what anyone has to say about it. I guess that constitutes to starting rumors and losing credibility (hilarious).

Note: Even if the conversations were attended by a State Trooper and Locals from the dept with said rumors.

I'll refrain from engaging in conversations that might cause career ending rumors on masscops.com.

Forgive me your holiness...:D

Forgive me again for the redundancy of the word "rumor."

821 - 840 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.