Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
801 - 820 of 4166 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
You know, this Deval guy is unbelievable. Instead of laying off 1000 people, why didn't he offer early retirement , he probably would have had at least 5000 people go. Instead he likes the headline "I CUT 1000 jobs".

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
How dare you even mention the F/D and budget cuts in the same sentence. Plus I think they prefer being called "DING DINGS".

·
Registered
11 Posts
The rumor is there is going to be an 80th RTT. However due to the fiscal crisis, upon graduation they will become a Trainee First Class rather than a Trooper. They will get a raise that will take them from $22 biweekly to $37. The department also will not be able to afford new uniforms, so they will continue to wear their SPA issued Trainee uniforms, with millitiary creases(they have earned it), trainee cover, and red gun. They will not be issued cruisers, and will continue to report to the SPA and work in the chow hall. The caveat is they will now have to pay for their own chow, but will not be subject to gigs. Sounds like a good deal to me!

·
Registered
400 Posts
The rumor is there is going to be an 80th RTT. However due to the fiscal crisis, upon graduation they will become a Trainee First Class rather than a Trooper. They will get a raise that will take them from $22 biweekly to $37. The department also will not be able to afford new uniforms, so they will continue to wear their SPA issued Trainee uniforms, with millitiary creases(they have earned it), trainee cover, and red gun. They will not be issued cruisers, and will continue to report to the SPA and work in the chow hall. The caveat is they will now have to pay for their own chow, but will not be subject to gigs. Sounds like a good deal to me!
You forgot the extra $5 per week if you are a chow hog or are in scullery.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
So there is hope!! :-D

·
Registered
11 Posts
The new Trainee First Class will now be authorized to hurricane their own holes upon graduation. Also due to budget constraints, drill will be conducted with broom sticks. I also heard the the chow is going to be worse due to the lack of funding. Fruit call will now consist of rotten bannanas and a handful of stale cheerios. It will only get worse for the 81st RTT. After being hired off the civil service list, day 1 will consist of 750 trainees, with the hopes of graduating 12. This will add a lot of added attention.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Will you guys please give it up. They are going to lay people off if anything. They are not going to have another class. Geezus

·
Registered
665 Posts
haha...so im 22 now...if all goes according to plan there should be another exam and class for me to go to...let's see add the 3, divide the 4.....:shifty:

ugh wait, what's the cut off age again?

is there any way i can get my not yet conceived children on a waiting list? :rolleyes:

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts
Will you guys please give it up. They are going to lay people off if anything. They are not going to have another class. Geezus
I am glad someone who is NOT on the job seems to have a handle on what is going to happen. The bad news for you is there were NO LAYOFFS of Troopers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am glad someone who is NOT on the job seems to have a handle on what is going to happen. The bad news for you is there were NO LAYOFFS of Troopers.
This was very good news. The great thing about the MSP is the bond amongst the Troopers. The MSP would rather give up a couple weeks of furlough, then to see their brothers without a job. That right there is another reason out of a thousand that make this one of the most sought after careers in Mass.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
The MSP would rather give up a couple weeks of furlough, then to see their brothers without a job.
What the hell are you talking about? I could maybe fill a thimble with all your knowledge of the inner workings of the MSP.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What the hell are you talking about? I could maybe fill a thimble with all your knowledge of the inner workings of the MSP.
Take it easy, Kill. I heard that straight from a Mass Trooper. He explained to me that if they did decide on laying off troopers, that the rest of them would rather give up hours on the job. If all of the troopers don't feel that way, then I don't know about it. I'm not claiming to know how it all works, but if I'm hearing from someone on the job, how can I be lying?

801 - 820 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.