Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
761 - 780 of 4166 Posts

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
My point was as long as there are still 2 different academies, they shouldn't merge the exams. I see this as an attack on regional training facilities, nothing more, not withstanding the actual exams.

G

·
My point was as long as there are still 2 different academies, they shouldn't merge the exams. I see this as an attack on regional training facilities, nothing more, not withstanding the actual exams.
I was just suggesting a course of action considering it's seems to already be a done deal. The Commonwealth will never get another exam fee out of me, so I personally don't care what they do.

·
Subscribing Member
1,059 Posts
sorry for the delay...busy at work

I'm just saying they shouldn't hold the Municipal police exam in 1 location, herding everyone in then starting the test almost 3 hours later then the scheduled start time... with regional testing it wasn't that bad

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
I can't get the GD news article to show up in my post, so I'll just take the pertinent paragraph from the news article entitled "Gov. Patrick:Budget cuts to hit 'muscle'"found in any local paper.

"One set of cuts discussed by the administration calls for reducing the pay rate for all 2,350 State Police troopers by one rank, eliminating their extra pay for criminal justice degrees and furloughing the most recent class of 150 recruits"

FWIW....I don't see an 80th happening anytime soon, my dream is over for this thanks to jerk off Democrats, and my friends who went through the 79th are laying awake at night worried about being shit canned. Thanks Patrick, you really lived up to your "promise" of putting 1000 cops on the street, asshole!

·
Registered
48 Posts
The impression I get from discussions with Staties and reading this board is that the MA State Police is understaffed right now......if say 50 guys retire in the next 6-8 months would this help our case for a new class off old test?

I wonder if this income tax roll back will effect our chances? I may have to vote NO to tax rollback, even though I am for it, if it helps facilitate a new class then tax away.

Any feedback is welcome.

G

·
The impression I get from discussions with Staties and reading this board is that the MA State Police is understaffed right now......if say 50 guys retire in the next 6-8 months would this help our case for a new class off old test?
Have you been watching the news and/or reading the newspapers? The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is BROKE and the governor is no fan of the police.

Unless you hit the Powerball and fund it yourself, no public PD's of any kind are going to be hiring anytime soon.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If question 1 is passed, you can see many more cuts (firefighters/locals etc.). Paying taxes is and should be the American thing to do although how much is a different story. With regards to a new class, I hope those that may loose jobs have the opportunity to get their jobs back at a future date. They've earned the title no matter how bad we want to be Troopers.

The past couple of weeks have been a dead square kick in the nuts for all of us and much harder for some. This thread has become a seemingly never ending dark abyss and I don't see a shimmering light of hope.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those that are in for another nut kick.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Personally I don't think it matters if the state income tax is voted away or not. The legislature will just vote to stop it AGAIN, and even if they don't, they'll just find another way to pick our pockets even further (raising property taxes, increasing sales tax, whatever). But either way I don't see a new test happening anytime soon under Comrade Patrick and his Soviet Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Two face, lying, liberal scumbags like him don't like law and order so he's probably happy to screw us over when he can.

·
Registered
400 Posts

I wonder if this income tax roll back will effect our chances? I may have to vote NO to tax rollback, even though I am for it, if it helps facilitate a new class then tax away.

Any feedback is welcome.
If this disgrace of a pay cut passes that number will be more like 400 not 50. And no they still won't put on a class. You HAVE to vote no on question 1 if you want to be a cop in this state in the next 5 years!

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts
I can't get the GD news article to show up in my post, so I'll just take the pertinent paragraph from the news article entitled "Gov. Patrick:Budget cuts to hit 'muscle'"found in any local paper.

"One set of cuts discussed by the administration calls for reducing the pay rate for all 2,350 State Police troopers by one rank, eliminating their extra pay for criminal justice degrees and furloughing the most recent class of 150 recruits"

FWIW....I don't see an 80th happening anytime soon, my dream is over for this thanks to jerk off Democrats, and my friends who went through the 79th are laying awake at night worried about being shit canned. Thanks Patrick, you really lived up to your "promise" of putting 1000 cops on the street, asshole!
So my question is (and it may seem like a stupid question), does that mean Sergeants get busted down to Trooper salary and Troopers down to Trainee salary? OR would we simply lose one pay grade, meaning say, step 4 Trooper to step3?

Also, what does this mean for my current masscops rank?

To all you guys who have been squirreling money away for the next RTT, my suggesstion is to take every dime of it, buy stock in Ramen noodles. Because if all this crap happens, that's all I'll be able to afford to eat - and I, in no way, live beyond my means. Nice way to treat the people who are expected to take a bullet every time they go to work. I feel for the poor Troopers that have to sit outside of you-know-who's house 24 hours a day and drive him around providing executive security. I'm sure that post won't be cut in order to get more Troopers on the street

G

·
Patrick is planning to announce the cuts at 5 p.m., which will give him a local news broadcast platform so he can speak directly to Massachusetts residents and explain to them how the national and foreign economic chaos has hit home.
He is also planning to meet behind closed doors with top administration officials at 3:30 p.m. to brace them for the cuts.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Any feedback is welcome.
If Question 1 passes you can Kiss your chance at the next RTT or any police job a BIG good bye. Why would you be in favor of it? Maybe you would like to see police/fire layoffs and to pay higher realestate taxes and a possible increase in sales tax, sounds like a swell idea

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
So my question is (and it may seem like a stupid question), does that mean Sergeants get busted down to Trooper salary and Troopers down to Trainee salary? OR would we simply lose one pay grade, meaning say, step 4 Trooper to step3?

Also, what does this mean for my current masscops rank?

To all you guys who have been squirreling money away for the next RTT, my suggesstion is to take every dime of it, buy stock in Ramen noodles. Because if all this crap happens, that's all I'll be able to afford to eat - and I, in no way, live beyond my means. Nice way to treat the people who are expected to take a bullet every time they go to work. I feel for the poor Troopers that have to sit outside of you-know-who's house 24 hours a day and drive him around providing executive security. I'm sure that post won't be cut in order to get more Troopers on the street
I hope they demote all the Majors and have Captains as Troop Commanders as it was more than 10 years ago. An Lt can be the XO and Sgts can run the barracks. I also hope they transfer some of the hacks out of the DA's and other "specialty" units and put them back in bluebirds where they belong.

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts
REPORTER: It was reported tpday in a newspaper that you're still driving around in a Caddilac. Any regrets?

HIM: (With an annoyed look) That car is paid for. Let's move on

NO ACCOUNTABILITY

761 - 780 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.