Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
701 - 720 of 4166 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Test scoring is done on a 1 - 10 number system. Goes something like this: If you get 98-100 on test - you are in the 10 category. 94-97 - 9 category, 90-93 - 8. So, let's say you got a 96 on the test - your test score will be 9. However, just guessing, if you are a vet, you get a 96 plus 2 points for vet status, you should be a 10.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
So there will be a chance to get on the state police list every year now?
If it's on the civil service, that would be every 2 years I guess. The good news is that there should be a fresh list to choose from if they put together an RTT, without waiting for a new MSP test.

To all aspiring POs: don't play monkey in the middle when testing for more than one job. Always take the first sure thing thrown at you in this state. If your primary town doesn't call you, but another town calls you and sends you to the academy...take it.

·
Adios, muchacho!
254 Posts
I'd be ecstatic to work anywhere in the state. Plus isn't it relatively easy to transfer from one CS department to another once you're in the system? Now I guess excluding the MSP.

G

·
I'd be ecstatic to work anywhere in the state. Plus isn't it relatively easy to transfer from one CS department to another once you're in the system?
You need the permission of who you're leaving as well as who you're going to, which isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Funding has been approved! I can't tell you how excited I am now that the funding for using flaggers has been approved. What a weight off my shoulders. Any new news on funding for the 80th? No? Ok then.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
I don't think you will see any funding for this until after the elections as everyone is watching the state income tax question results. If they repeal it i think you can kiss the 80th and even a shitload of other jobs good-bye. I believe they said that $24.7 billion dollars of revenue will be lost.

·
Subscribing Member
1,059 Posts
yeah I think an issue brought to the ballot before this whole financial nightmare will backfire and everyone will vote to repel it hurting public service even further...but that's just my view.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
If the repeal passes, we are all screwed
And if he dissolves the MTA, who's gonna eat the salaries of all the troopers assigned to Troop E? The state, right? Doesn't the MTA's budget includes their payroll? So where's the savings there? Layoff the last class? Watch the OT budget go through the roof. Hasn't he heard, for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction?

Well, since McCain has already conceded the election, Deval is already shopping for drapes for his new office in DC. Tim Murray will be saying, "thanks for leaving me a heaping pile of steaming crap!"

·
Subscribing Member
498 Posts
And if he dissolves the MTA, who's gonna eat the salaries of all the troopers assigned to Troop E? The state, right? Doesn't the MTA's budget includes their payroll? So where's the savings there? Layoff the last class? Watch the OT budget go through the roof. Hasn't he heard, for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction?

Sine, good point about the MTA. Also,with everything going on, I wouldnt be surprised that more that can retire any day will,leaving more OT and more need for an 80th.. a very big pile of steaming crap.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
With the way Pimp Deval is crying about a budget crisis I don't see how the state will have any money for a class. As much as I would like to see one happen (so I can gain some seniority) I don't thinks its coming soon.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Also,with everything going on, I wouldnt be surprised that more that can retire any day will,leaving more OT and more need for an 80th.. a very big pile of steaming crap.
I'm not so sure that people will retire in droves. If you're making $100K, you have a take home car, gas card and full bennies, where are you gonna go to replace that right now?

701 - 720 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.