Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
681 - 700 of 4166 Posts

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
SHOULD this be true are they going to continue the RTT or are we going with 1st CSRTT to go along the lines of 1st SPMA

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts
The good news is that there will be an 80th RTT of the current list, since the job cannot wait that long for a class. It will be at least a year from the time of the next test before an RTT will enter the SPA. By the time of graduation and field training is completed, it will be almost two years before an RTT hits the road. We need a class ASAP. Also, I wouldn't count on the hiring process or standards changing, just the venue of the exam. There will still be RTTs for now.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thimios, how did you find out the confirming information? I know we have spoken in the past, but I am curious as this was a rumor that now seems to have become a truth. Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just asking, I didn't take the last test so I wouldn't know about the supplemental letter. Nothing is proof to me until I see or hear it in person, but now knowing this, I believe it. Take it easy there chief.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Also confirmed through Mr. Flynn at the oral boards, right from his mouth.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
I'm not going to believe it unless you have it on audiotape............ ;)
Hahahaha, some guys here won't believe it unless he stops at their house to personally give them the news!:p

·
Registered
258 Posts
With all the supposed stories sometimes posted on here, who knows what to believe sometimes. Look at this, 74 pages before some 100% true knowledge. But thanks, it's all good now.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Also, I wouldn't count on the hiring process or standards changing, just the venue of the exam. There will still be RTTs for now.
The process won't change, but the exam results might... it will be interesting to see how they decide to handle scoring and veterans preference with the blended test. Will MSP switch to Civil Circus' fancy "banding" system? Will vets still receive 2 points, or leapfrog non-vets?

Perhaps they will give you three different scores and rankings. Vets get 2 points on their Trooper Score. Those who were one of the first 10,000 to purchase a Charlie Card get 2 points on their Transit Score. Anyone who felt that the test was too difficult for them because they didn't learn English until they had been in the country illegally for 5 years and hired a lawyer referred to them by Deval shall be placed in Municipal Band 59.7(c), which is ahead of all others regardless of score.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The process won't change, but the exam results might... it will be interesting to see how they decide to handle scoring and veterans preference with the blended test. Will MSP switch to Civil Circus' fancy "banding" system? Will vets still receive 2 points, or leapfrog non-vets?
That's what I am wondering - will the MSP be a "civil service" department, using the score band system and whatnot, or are they simply using the test and scores to compile their own list and proceed with their own hiring processes?

·
2,297 Posts
That's what I am wondering - will the MSP be a "civil service" department, using the score band system and whatnot, or are they simply using the test and scores to compile their own list and proceed with their own hiring processes?
I would bet on choice #2.

681 - 700 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.