Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
4021 - 4040 of 4166 Posts

·
"Special" Speller Good Me
67 Posts
Ummm......what?
Sorry, I sort of just jammed everything together. The first part was referring to the bottom of the page of the thread that says what people searched for to bring them to this thread. Then the second part was in response to GMASS response. I should have quoted it or even separated it rather then just throwing it all in there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok Delta that's where I draw the line. How the F would you know!?! Brion24 said many former military classmates of his and many of mine as well said the SPA was more difficult than the respective boot camp they attended. Unless you've done both you're in no position to say otherwise.

Not trying to start another pissing contest here but I always try my best to comment things I know about and close my mouth and mind my business and learn about the things I don't.
Speaking from experiencing both Marine Corps Boot Camp and the SPA, I WILL TELL YOU THAT THE SPA WAS MUCH MORE MENTALLY CHALLENGING. They each have their own challenging parts. But the SPA was 26 weeks long vs 12 at PI. The attitude, pt, challenges are very similar. The education at the SPA was much more intense. The length of time was the biggest challenge. I hated going home on weekends when I was at the SPA. It made it MORE of a psychological mind F#%k.

I agree with ROCK. If you haven't been to the SPA, don't try to compare. I am not comparing my experiences to your "Southern Military School"

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

The following drops have in the past, and will continue throughout training...right up until the end:

Not maintaining good academic standing
Can't qualify/unsafe with firearms
EVOC failure
Honor code violations
PT failure
Family/Financial/Emotional stress
Military commitment
Something late in the background invest comes up negative (week 23 77th RTT)
Or they pull the plug because they realize their previous gig was better than working midnights on the NY/VT border for the next few years

The count on deck today will not be the same on graduation day.
This post is dead on!!! The only correction would be the "Something late in the background invest comes up neg....." should be amended to say, "someone makes a call during week 23 to the academy asking why a certain recruit would be allowed to graduate with skeletons in the closet." If it wasn't for the phone call he would have graduated.

G

·
Speaking from experiencing both Marine Corps Boot Camp and the SPA, I WILL TELL YOU THAT THE SPA WAS MUCH MORE MENTALLY CHALLENGING. They each have their own challenging parts. But the SPA was 26 weeks long vs 12 at PI. The attitude, pt, challenges are very similar. The education at the SPA was much more intense. The length of time was the biggest challenge. I hated going home on weekends when I was at the SPA. It made it MORE of a psychological mind F#%k.

I agree with ROCK. If you haven't been to the SPA, don't try to compare. I am not comparing my experiences to your "Southern Military School"
View attachment 3626

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
That outift is way out of line Griff. To dress up like a schoolgirl is one thing but the "lay" is insuating she recently engaged in coitis which I find offensive.

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
Good to see that the job is keeping up with the 80th RTT photos....more than half way done and still only 4 weeks of photos

4021 - 4040 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.