Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3981 - 4000 of 4166 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Had a guy in my academy who went in to the academy director about 1/2 through and told him that another department wanted to hire him. He asked if he could switch patches. The director told him a flat out no. He told the recruit that if he accepted the other job he would be dismissed immediately from the academy.

·
1,334 Posts
Had a guy in my academy who went in to the academy director about 1/2 through and told him that another department wanted to hire him. He asked if he could switch patches. The director told him a flat out no. He told the recruit that if he accepted the other job he would be dismissed immediately from the academy.
Only in Assachusetts can you be in the middle of police academy, get a job offer from another police agency, and get threatened with dismissal from the... police academy? What, only to have to start over again, the only difference being the piece of cloth on your shoulder called a patch. Have the new department compensate the other and let the guy finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
Gotta LOL at the BPD practice of old...I along with undoubtedly many others know a (now) BPD Homicide Detective who finished the 26 week BPD Academy as a campus cop only to have to repeat the entire academy only weeks later when he was hired by BPD. Can you imagine if someone with a college degree was required to obtain the same degree from scratch if he switched jobs? It defies logic.

As stated by others common sense finally factored into the equation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am a trainee!!! I just finished rolling and packing my gear!!! Round Robin Time!!!
I will be posting as: 80th Rifleman, upon being named HONOR GRAD!!!!

G

·
Mechanixman. Your IP address says your full of shit. Next I'll address Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
And should be done with giving obscure locations that take 10minutes to say during the 6's !!
Oh come on it's hilarious when dispatch is laughing when she calls the next cruiser after "north podunk road, south royalston"

3981 - 4000 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.