Not open for further replies.
3781 - 3800 of 4166 Posts

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
hmmmm. they started with 260, or maybe it was 258? k, 7 no shows the first day plus 3 quit. than the number of 36 was quoted of hats hanging as of friday. backfills, monday had 17 no shows. plus these 2 dropping out. 9 more backfills. carry the 4 and multiply by 3. Count on deck i have at 496.

without them posting the count on deck with the pictures im lost!!

2 more dropped today and if my math is correct the count on deck is 225.

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
Do you realize what arrogance it takes to say "they would be useless to us on the street"? Do you realize how many of those dropouts are returning to local departments, and how many I would and will gladly work with any day of the week? I make no pretense to being a knight in shinING armor for anyone, I just don't like to see people get shit on when they are down. No one should have to make a tough decision like that and then come on here and read that garbage.
I agree that many here view the dropout count as masturbation fodder as if they're not real people with real families. I'm surprised they can type with one hand as their splooge rains down on the keyboard, it's pathetic. I am not the only one annoyed when the MSP groupies giggle at what was surely a personal decision while proclaiming they'd never quit under any circumstances. For every tard that quit because he or she couldn't take it there are surely folks who had to for reasons not connected to their "toughness".

To those of you who want to make this into a local versus state thing I assure you it is not, there are many local officers with whom I work on a daily basis that I admire deeply, and others to which I aspire to imitate. My MPOC slam was and remains directed at the ignorance of one individual who couldn't understand what all the "fuss" was about concerning her police academy, implying some bizarre comparison between hers and an RTT. Like me or hate me, NO ONE has ever graduated from a recruit training troop and told anyone "gee, I stilll fail to see what all the fuss was about".
And this is when you march into the short bus of hypocrisy. Please don't insult our intelligence. You pompously ragged on locals and their respective 'joke' academies but later tried to distance yourself from said rant with the feeble justification that you know and like many of them. Gee that's mighty noble of you.

I know there is little relation between academia and police academies but indulge me as I make this point. I know a kid who went to Bridgewater State College and is currently a multi millionaire (started a bio medical company with a buddy). A neighbor of mine went to Harvard, he lived with his parents after graduation and last I heard worked as a 'sales associate' in the sportswear section at the old Filene's.

The same principle applies with academies- you will get zero argument from me as to the prestige associated with the SPA. You should be proud to graduate but you and I both know there are more than a few stiffs in EVERY department. How ironic that with all the honor and pride associated with the SPA they were apparently unsuccessful instilling class on your part.

I know 'locals' and city cops who went to academies that were only 12 weeks long back in the 80s. They never marched across the deck at Framingham/New Braintree but somehow managed to become outstanding street cops with prolific arrest records and rose through the ranks to become highly respected leaders. Who knows maybe these locals are among the same ones worthy of your seal of approval.

As far as Delta you may not like his tone but he makes logical observations, feel free to debate objectivity as to the issue at hand but so far you have done nothing more than prove his point with your elitist insults. He was giving opnions. You chose to go Colonel Hendrick with the name dropping and personal attack.

BTW the fact that he didn't go to the SPA makes him unqualified to offer an opinion? Using that logic no one is qualified to offer an opinion about the pathetic secondary on the Pats messageboards unless they played in the NFL.

Looking forward to your inevitible profanity laced reply where you mock my spelling and grammatical errors.

·
Smurf theft victim
600 Posts
Can the above post be the last in what has become a grotesque metamorphosis of this thread?

Let's keep future posts to count on deck and observations on the 80th.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
hmmmm. they started with 260, or maybe it was 258? k, 7 no shows the first day plus 3 quit. than the number of 36 was quoted of hats hanging as of friday. backfills, monday had 17 no shows. plus these 2 dropping out. 9 more backfills. carry the 4 and multiply by 3. Count on deck i have at 496.

without them posting the count on deck with the pictures im lost!!
Literally laughed out loud at this... Don't know why but it reminded me of something from family guy... Nice work hahaha...

3781 - 3800 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.