Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3321 - 3340 of 4166 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,059 Posts
I haven't heard anything... I have been worried that missed a mailing or an email/phone call, had my medical June 2nd amd my psych June 10th. Anyone else in the same boat?
I thought they did the psych first, then the medical...but what do I know? I am just happy there is finally going to be an 80th RTT

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm just curious what was your test score, I know their starting from the top then working their way down.
Yea, thats what I figured... I got a 100

I thought they did the psych first, then the medical...but what do I know? I am just happy there is finally going to be an 80th RTT
It was different for everyone, for me I happened to have my medical first, its just how the appointments worked out. If they still have the dates up on the 80th RTT website you can look at other applicant's appointments and see what I am talking about. I believe they did all the psychs in two large groups whereas all of the medical appts were spread out over late May and all of June.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about what your score is. As long as your a 99+ you should be all set. They are either starting the BI's on candidates randomly or possibly by last name. My last name starts with a D so I'd say that's why I've heard already. From what I hear, there's 25 guys doing BI's for 200+ guys in the running. The BI does one guy each week. For all of you that are nervous because you haven't heard anything, stay calm, you'll get your phone call.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Awful quiet around these parts...

I'm still waiting for the Oracl... Ahem, I mean MSPField to fire off some updates. Though I'm not in the running, I find myself very interested in the stats for recruitment this time around.
It is quiet as they work through the results, scoring, set up backgrounds etc. The good news is the money made it through the budget, class looks like a lock for Oct. The next update I'll receive will likely be at the end of next week. I'll update with anything interesting. 2 1/2 months left to get in shape bad bodies..........

·
Registered
1 Posts
MA. State Police hiring?

So I just got my results back from a "military make up exam" for the 2009 test and scored a 97 for the state police, is that good? Does anyone know if they are currently hiring or what? I am classified a "disabled veteran", but i'm not sure if that gives preference or what? I know the 2009 results are only good until November 1st of 2011, but i was trying to figure out if anyone knows of any recruiting going on with the last few months of the 09 test results life left? Any information would be appreciated.

Also, do you think the 2011 test results will be out at the end of the month like they are supposed to be? I was told that it takes 90 days to get those results, I'm just curious because I know it took me 5 months just to get the results of the military make up. I thought these tests were scan-tron forms, what takes so long?

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
Re: MA. State Police hiring?

So I just got my results back from a "military make up exam" for the 2009 test and scored a 97 for the state police, is that good? Does anyone know if they are currently hiring or what? I am classified a "disabled veteran", but i'm not sure if that gives preference or what? I know the 2009 results are only good until November 1st of 2011, but i was trying to figure out if anyone knows of any recruiting going on with the last few months of the 09 test results life left? Any information would be appreciated.

Also, do you think the 2011 test results will be out at the end of the month like they are supposed to be? I was told that it takes 90 days to get those results, I'm just curious because I know it took me 5 months just to get the results of the military make up. I thought these tests were scan-tron forms, what takes so long?
There is already a thread for this and I'm moving your post into it.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Re: MA. State Police hiring?

Start with post #1 of this thread and read, you will find all the information you may or not want to hear or read.

·
Registered
135 Posts
As promised. Class is virtually a lock.
21 weeks long.
170 graduates is target. Which means more than 200 will start. Plan is no replacements after 1st week.
99's and up who pass background etc are in. Will be some 98's, exact # still unknown.
Early Oct still start. Other details are available but I refuse to spoil the surprises in store for the 80th. :)
Besides you already saw the video, which is way more then my class got.
(By the way speaking of classes, happy 26th to the 66th RTT and 25th to the 67th RTT both of who just celebrated their respective anniversaries)
Get around the track, just over two months left.........
This pretty much marks the end of my input to this epic thread as there is little mystery left.
I'm going on vacation for a bit so don't even ask about the 81st, though plans are already being made....... don't you just love a good sequel?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What video are you talking about. Btw you've put up a lot of helpful Information and I would like to thank you. Have a good vacation. Thanks again Sir.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The brief orientation video that was shown to potentials. The "if you think this is going to be easy you've come to the wrong place" video.
You're welcome, I'm now returning to my regularly scheduled mojito....

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
For those lucky enough to be there on day one, save all of your acceptance letters throughout the whole process. Don't ever forget that feeling you got when you opened them.

SP

3321 - 3340 of 4166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.