The 2010 Westfield International Air Show | MassCops

The 2010 Westfield International Air Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Jrpatriot, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Jrpatriot

Jrpatriot MassCops Member

The 2010 Westfield International Air Show will be held August 21 & 22, 2010, in conjunction with the 104th Fighter Wing's Open House at Barnes Air National Guard Base.

Admission is Free, a donation for parking will be requested. Gates open at 8:30 a.m. We'll have more than 30 performers & 60 static aircraft. The flying starts at 9:30 a.m with continual acts until 4:30 p.m.; same schedule each day.

Site Can Be found Here: 2010 Westfield International Airshow

2. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Really terrific show! I live near Hanscom and we haven't had a show since 9/11, I miss the home field advantage. Lots of exhibits and lots of great performances. It was just good enough to almost make me forget about the 3 fucking hours I spend stuck in traffic to get there. I would have enjoyed relaxing with a few beers but couldn't take the risk. Not the drive home, but the 45 minute wait in the port-o-shitter lines. No trees on the runway to duck behind either.

You'd think the surrounding towns had never seen an airshow before, traffic was insanely backed up. I was listening to the radio and it was clear noone had a clue. Still, good times hearing the roar of the thunderbirds.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Also, the masspike fucking blows. But thats another rant.

3. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

I just got back, we got a somewhat late start this morning and didnt leave til almost 0930. We were stuck in traffic from exit 7 all the way to exit 3. I knew there would be traffic but that was ridiculous. Even with the traffic and all if I have a chance to see the Thunderbirds again I would do it again tomorrow. I have never been to an airshow before and as of a year ago I had my interest in aviation renewed. I had more fun today than I have had in a long time.

4. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

I wish it wasn't so far away for me. I really miss the shows at Otis. Maybe next year.

5. 8MORE

8MORE MassCops Angel

When NAS South Weymouth was still open the Blue Angels would put on a show every two or three years. My Parents house was where they would bank the turns.We would watch the show from the roof of my Dad's workshop.Great shows!

6. Jrpatriot

Jrpatriot MassCops Member

Yes traffic was really crazy yesterday they actually called me in to do my road detail earlier than I was scheduled for. But it eas a really good show next year I believe that the airshow will be at Westover in Chicopee.

7. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Not sure where you are, would this one be better for you. It is this weekend:

Boston Portsmouth Air Show

8. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I hope you were'nt one of the 2 guys on 202 coming from 91 that turned a quaint morning drive into a butt-fuck-athon. Between that and the 2 clowns collecting money at the parking lot traffic got backed up to past exit 7 on the asspike and everywhere inbetween.:stomp::banghead::timebomb: