Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To everyone here who has worked a holiday -- especially Thanksgiving and Christmas Day -- Thank you for everything that you do and keeping us safe or helping us when in need (whether or not people realize it or not).

I worked today for 10 hours, I had two people in Law Enforcement stop in. 1 that was a local officer on duty, the other was a correctional officer who was between shifts. He worked overnight and got off at 8am and was going back in at 4pm. Both people, I shook their hands and said Thank you for working today when you have family at home. I appreciate it.

Now, I realize that I am a nobody. Was in a F/T academy few years ago and had to take a medical so I am not F/T certified at this time. But it irked me that only 1 person said, "thank you for being here today and being open, I appreciate it". I did however get the remark, "you should be grateful that you are open today so that you can work". Sad part is the "donkey" (being polite) was being serious. It made me think of all of my friends that are L.E., Fire, Correctional, work in the hospital, and those who I don't know personally that are in the field.

So to repeat in all sincerity;

Thank you all, my family and I very much appreciate it.
Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.
Patrick ... A.K.A. Taz

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
Thanks for the kind remarks. While I did not work today I will be working New Years Eve. It is nice to here people thank people for their work.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I had to work 7-3 today and now I'm back for 11-7. Closest I got was 'oh they have security here today'? Fuck it, OT like this is the reason I own all the nice shit I do and am able to get the step kid and my girl the things they want and need. Thanks for your post tazoez, and thank you to all of you who worked today, tonight and for the sacrafices you've made. Merry Christmas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts