Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Im from the corporate world so pardon my ignorance but should I send a thank you email or letter to the Chief for interviewing me? I had my interview today, it was short about 20-30mins with a panel of about 6 Officers (3 Lts and 3 Capts) and the Chief. Is it appropriate to send one? Thanks

ps. My interview went pretty good btw

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I wouldn't, but that's me. I just don't see the need to

·
Registered
42 Posts
I sent one to every member of the panel that interviewed me and I heard from a friend that was already working there that everyone thought that was a nice touch, and my brother is in Human Resources and he was the one that advised me to do it, as it looks good and as was said before, it puts your name in front of them again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If a panel is trying to choose between many applicants I think that the panel would better remember those that looked more squared away. Part of looking sharp is being sharp. So I think a thank you letter to either the Chief or to the members of the panel is appropriate. Good luck.

·
MassCops Member
134 Posts
I was recently part of an interview panel at my PD. One of the applicants took it upon himself to send thank you letters to all three of us. I thought this was a really nice "touch". I guess it all depends on the PD. I don't see how it can hurt you in any way though. Just don't pester them every day with a phone call.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
I never did thank you letters but what I do is remember the name and rank of each member on the panel, and at the end, look them in the eye, shake hands, and say their name thanking them personally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.