Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a recent fatal in Ipswich in which the 19 year old driver was operating on a 15 day temporary license issued after an OUI arrest a week prior. Is issuing these temporary licenses a common practice with the Registry? If so, what is the rationale behind it? Just curious.

·
Registered
103 Posts
After taking possession of their MA License after being arrested for OUI the leaps computer spits out their 15 day temporary license. They are issued this license provided that they hold a valid Massachusetts license IN HAND. I'm not sure what the thought process for this is, maybe so they can get to their arraingment?

My personal opinion is that I don't believe in them, ESPECIALLY when someone is arrested for OUI and they are not of legal age to drink or possess alcohol in the first place. :BM:

Ed

P.S Anybody know where the spell check went????

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's SOP on an OUI arrest. Every OUI arrest that fails the Breathalyzer or refuses is automatically given a 15 temp. It is part of the OUI law and the idea, apparently, is to allow the person to get their affairs in order. I guess that means to give them time to do things like:
1) Pick up their car from the impounded and find a place to park it for at least 30 days (minimum possible suspension)
2) Drive to work to give their notice so they can find a job within walking distance
3) Drive to their lawyer's office!
4) Who the heck knows

For those who aren't aware of the incident, the single fatality was the backseat passenger. Yet another tragic OUI case ](*,) :cry: :evil: :DP:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
EsxPD319 said:
That's nice but above my "COPY TO CLIPBOARD" button is vast wasteland, it's not there. :lol: :lol:
Ed
It is not installed on all of the themes, it all depends on what one you are using. You can log into your profile and select either subportal or subsilver to get spell check back.

You could always install "ieSpell" http://www.iespell.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.