Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evidently there is something in the Do Not Call (Federal and State) about researchers and NFP's being able to call. Now all these BS telemarketing companies have formed NFP "research" companies to get to allow themselves back into our homes.

Got a call tonight about NFP "research" for soup, flu medicine, and radio stations.

They should rewrite that thing so that it includes language to the effect that "not for profits that are doing research related to commercial products must abide by the do not call list".

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I still let the machine pick-up...these telemarketers use a computer to call and if it gets a machine...it hangs up. I signed-up for both lists, but I thought the federal one was on hold...court injunction or something...

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
I just don't answer if it is an outta area call or unkown number... if they wanna talk they can leave a message. If not then they are a a telemarketer or didn't have anything to say.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I don't have that technology...my main phone is a Western Electric touch-tone, desk model...my secondary phone is a Western Electric 1940's vintage rotary dial. :shock:

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
if I dont recognize the number of its unknown I pick up and hang up most of these computers cant call back. For the ones that get through I keep the trusty whistle by the phone :D

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Pffffff DCS, my grandfathers phone is the camp fire out back and wet blanket! :wink:
I honestly hope there is a separate and more grusome level of hell for telemarkers , spammers and people that send thier familys picture as a christmas cards. :twisted:
Anyone know if the tele-zapper is anygood?

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The telezapper sends the "line disconnected code" that's all it does. Sometimes it works but the new smarter predictive dialing machines wait for the pause and reissue of the code, which the telezapper does not do...
Short answer, sometimes it does and sometimes it does not...

Pffffff DCS, my grandfathers phone is the camp fire out back and wet blanket! :wink:
I honestly hope there is a separate and more grusome level of hell for telemarkers , spammers and people that send thier familys picture as a christmas cards. :twisted:
Anyone know if the tele-zapper is anygood?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I think that in this instance, less technology is more. Screen with an answering machine, or do not answer the phone (if it's important, they'll call back later...)! :D Take a a page from 'Pavlov's dogs': don't answer the bell... 8)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't have that technology...my main phone is a Western Electric touch-tone, desk model...my secondary phone is a Western Electric 1940's vintage rotary dial. :shock:

See I keep telling everybody that West of Route 495 is the wilderness. I'm surprised they don't still have Cora down at the general store connect you when you hand crank the phone to make a call.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.