Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by Bill Peters Friday September 12, 2008, 12:20 PM

CONSTABLES THROUGH THE YEARS. Actual constable photos, from Republican files.
Constables: men dream of being them, women dream of settling them down. In our giddy, schoolgirl-like frenzy of constable coverage today, we offer a glimpse at six of Western Mass's constables (half of whom are named 'Donald') in hilarious A-Team send-up fashion. Because, honestly, constables are so wall-to-wall awesome we can't help totally mythologizing them, and inventing awesome supercop roles for them like we're four years old all over again.

Constable Donald "Rick" (as in 'Maverick') Blakeborough: Okay, this isn't actually even a joke -- this is all true. Timely enough, on September 11th, 2001, Blakeborough literally ditched his day job (as a constable) and went to Ground Zero to assist with rescue efforts. He was down there in the smoke and the debris, the stray teddy bears and magazines, all of it. When he came back, he told the Republican: "This is America, man. This is America, you know what I mean? . . . This is part of my country, you know what I mean?" Holy crap.

Constable Donald "The Don" Norton (left): A grizzled survivor of the Brimfield Police Department machine, as an undercover detective, Norton gets his kicks cuffing counterfeit kingpins of Brimfield's underground antiques market.

Constable Donald "Numbers" Clark (left): The man on the paper chase, the guy in the book stacks, the maven of the records morgue, the computer crackpot; "Numbers" gets the casework into the folder.

Constable Bill "Pavement" Roberts (left): Attention criminals, punkers, gangbangers, hoodrats, vandals, and thugs: "Pavement" knows where you hide. Seasoned as aged, peppered steak, veteran Roberts has seen every trick in the book on Western Mass's beaten streets.

Constable Larry "Shadow" Pisano: A spy by trade, Pisano knows what you ate for breakfast this morning. And he's probably got the pictures to prove it.

Constable Robert "The Deacon" Mackay (right): A leader and a diplomat through and through, tough but gentle yet wise, too, Mackay is often at odds with the Western Mass FBI Task Force, but always in touch with the community he serves.

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about "maverick" blakeborough? See his imitation state shaped badge on his belt? I'm not surprised his name came up a few times in the constable invest of many years ago..........

G

·
What about "maverick" blakeborough? See his imitation state shaped badge on his belt? I'm not surprised his name came up a few times in the constable invest of many years ago..........
I'm used to seeing dirtbags with constable/bail agent badges, but not dustbags in constable uniforms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts