Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The City of Taunton has initiated the call back list to fill a recent and sudden vacancy in the police department. Stay tuned the next call could be for you!

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I heard that a few guys signed the list but they already know who is taking the position. So if your not first on the list don't hold your breath.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
yea pretty much the only way you're going to get onto Taunton PD is if you know someone high up
?? No the only way your getting on Taunton is if you worked there before and were laid off. Currently rumor is the guy on the top of the call back list is going to take the job. Nothing to do with who you know.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Gil @ Sat 21 Aug said:
yea pretty much the only way you're going to get onto Taunton PD is if you know someone high up
?? No the only way your getting on Taunton is if you worked there before and were laid off. Currently rumor is the guy on the top of the call back list is going to take the job. Nothing to do with who you know.
ooo, ok...i was just always on the presumption was that you would only get a job is if you kno someone high up...tx for clearin that up Gil :)

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
No it's a civil service department so the highest score gets on first....... :wink: no I forgot, that's the way it should work but Ma CS is a little odd.

The only ones that TPD is taking right now are the guys/girls that they laid off and it's only one position so I don't think that there will be CS cards being sent out.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I thought it was at least 7, even know most if not all were hired by other departments the ones that were laid off received a call to sign the list.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
7 were laid off in July 2003. One was recently hired back from Franklin PD (hence their current opening) and the remaining 6 are also employed elsewhere. Don't know if any of those 6 have desires to return to TPD.
I just read that the council voted down to return a demoted sergeant to his position. That city has a bad track record in losing arbitration cases. This could very well be another one. Big $$$$ here.

G

·
Just read in the Taunton Gazette today that the mayor wants one more officer back due to an active Taunton Officer's 2 year commitment to the DEA. Certified letters are in the mail to all that were laid off in Taunton. However I heard the last officer that was called back has still yet to work and they don't know when that will be. Looks like Taunton will never get their act together, what a mess. And next year is being warned as being a bad financial year again by the state. At least the 6 that are laid off probably found much better departments.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stay tuned........this could get interesting. Is the City of Taunton on the financial rebound? Could there be more hirings soon? Will the city permit the police department to become *GASP* fully staffed once again?

·
Registered
80 Posts
As far as the Taunton PD hiring, they have a group in the academy right now. One of my friends was sworn in about 4 yrs ago and got called to do his drug test and started the academy around a month and a half to 2 months ago. Not sure how many were sent but there was at least 5-7. They graduate in June.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.