Status
Not open for further replies.

Taunton Article

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SPD529 
#1 ·
Taunton cop changes plea to guilty in club assault

by Dave Wedge and Marie Szaniszlo
Thursday, February 27, 2003

A fired Taunton cop changed his plea to guilty yesterday as jury selection was about to
begin in his trial on charges of assaulting a man at a nightclub where he was on duty.

Bruce W. Turner pleaded guilty in New Bedford Superior Court to eight counts of assault
and battery, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and two counts each of
making threats and intimidating a witness.

He also pleaded guilty to conduct unbecoming a police officer, a civil rights violation.

In December 2001, the Taunton City Council voted 5-3 to fire Turner, a 16-year veteran of
the police department, for filing a false report and violating department rules and
regulations in connection with a brawl at the Jukebox nightclub, where he was working
a detail that October.

Turner, now 45, allegedly allowed his two underage sons and their friend to enter a
fund-raiser at the club without paying the cover charge.

Kyle LeTellier of Portsmouth, R.I., who sponsored the event, alleged that when he
questioned Turner, the officer became confrontational.

LeTellier claimed that when he tried to alert the manager, a group of men, including Seth
and Kyle Turner and Brooks Cornell, attacked him and knocked him to the floor while the
officer stood by without intervening.

At some point, LeTellier alleged, Turner entered the fray and kicked him in the ribs.

Until yesterday, he denied any wrongdoing. But shortly after the brawl, the U.S. Justice
Department began investigating him for possible civil rights violations.

Judge Robert Kane sentenced Turner to a year in jail, only 60 days of which Turner will actually have to serve, and three years'
probation.

Kane also ordered a stay of the sentence, giving him until March 25 to report for jail, and allowing him to serve out his time in Duke
County, since he was an officer in Bristol County.

-Boston Herald

See less See more
#2 ·
He deserves more time then that. No offense to anybody on here but I love how the unions help departments all across this state keep guys like that on the job holding up spots for people who want to do good on the job. This guy has probably been doing stuff like that for years and this is probably just the first time he was caught.

Scott

#3 ·
Originally posted by sapd324:
He deserves more time then that. No offense to anybody on here but I love how the unions help departments all across this state keep guys like that on the job holding up spots for people who want to do good on the job. This guy has probably been doing stuff like that for years and this is probably just the first time he was caught.

Scott
Scottie,
Let me be the first to say You're right! Guy was a bag of slime for two good reasons; doing unto others himself + condoning the same by his offspring. Thanks again to this flatulent bastard for giving us all a black eye. I'll give him a breath mint for admitting it by pleading guilty.

Hope the Feds pursue 18 USC 243 and tuck it to this jerk!

#4 ·
You are all so right. I have two freinds that were assaulted by this guy before they were the age of 17. One was thrown over the hood of his cruiser and the other was beaten in the station after refusing to sign paperwork. (probably a miranda warning advisory but who cares) It has been a long time coming with this guy. I read a deposition of his in which he admits to 100+ allegations of misconduct against himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.