Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if any agencies or companies in or near MA offer the tactical EMT program for individuals. I know there is CONTOMS in Georgia or Maryland and HK offers a course out of state as well. Just curious if there might be something close to home and who is not requiring department sponsorship.
Thanks

·
MassCops Member
65 Posts
I know Fallon Ambulance has Tactical Paramedics assigned to a Special Tactics and Response Team. They respond to all critical incidents and have their sh#$ together. I believe they're SWAT school trained and most have military experience. All of them are Paramedics not EMT's though. You may want to check with Fallon as far as the rest of their training and quals.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For Tactical Medic Training you can go through HSS Internation @ hssinternational.com. The medics at Falon have gone through their training. I can provide you with more info if you want.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Tactical Medic

:ninja: It is my understanding that only Paramedics can be on Tactical teams. There use to be a couple that worked at Holyoke Hospital EMS that did their training through the Mass State Police, but then have since moved on to federal jobs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Irishpride, I could be wrong, but I think the link you put up use to be for CONTOMS, which at this time does not have an opperating budget. Not for a couple of years now. Supposedly they will this coming summer.
As for the comment someone made about only Paramedics being able to be Tactical Medics, that is not nessecarily true. Some plays have basic emt on the tactical team. All depends on the teams want and needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts