Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transit Police have arrested a 21-year-old Quincy man accused of groping a male passenger on a southbound Red Line train between Boston and Quincy Sept. 16.
The Herald reported last week that the suspect - identified as Brandon Clarke, 21, of Quincy - allegedly sexually assaulted the 43-year-old victim and, when confronted, said, "Did you enjoy that?" The victim reported the crime to Transit Police, who matched his description of Clarke to footage on station video surveillance.
Detectives were unable to make an arrest until Friday because Clarke was out of state, Transit Police said. Clarke will be arraigned in Boston Municipal Court Tuesday on one count of indecent assault and battery.

(2) Comments | Post / Read Comments

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view/2008_10_12_T_cops_nab_alleged_perv/

Fare-skipping teen busted with handgun

Following the broken-windows policing philosophy, two transit cops managed to take a loaded Glock .40 caliber gun off a man trying to board an MBTA train yesterday after spotting him skip through the turnstiles without paying.
Arrested was Cristobal Garcia, 19, of Roxbury, who was charged with carrying a large-capacity firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, unlawful possession of a dangerous weapon and fare evasion.
Transit cops on patrol in Ashmont Station spotted two men approach the turnstiles. One paid his fare and passed through the gates.
Police said in the moments after that, while the gates remained open, Garcia tapped his fare card on the reader without scanning it, put it in his pocket and raced through behind his friend.
Cops told Garcia to walk back through the gates so they could question him further. Garcia, who wore a large winter coat, partially zippered, put his hands in his pockets and walked back to the area in front of the turnstiles, where one of the cops told him to take his hands out of his pockets.
"I immediately asked Garcia to remove his hands from his pockets, to which he complied," police wrote in their report. "I asked Garcia if he had weapons, knives or anything that could hurt me. Garcia responded, 'Yes, I have a knife.' "
Cops told the teen to put his hands in the air so they could pat him down, they said. When he did, cops spotted a bulge along his waist band. The cop patting the area pulled up the teen's shirt to reveal the black grip of the teen's Model 22 Glock handgun, police said.
"Further inspection of the handgun revealed it to be a .40 caliber Glock 22 loaded with nine live rounds of ammunition, including one in the chamber," police said in the report.
Garcia is expected to be arraigned tomorrow in Roxbury District Court.

(1) Comments | Post / Read Comments

http://bostonherald.com/news/region...10_12_Fare-skipping_teen_busted_with_handgun/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts