Swimming requirements | MassCops

Swimming requirements

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Screw01, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Screw01

Screw01 New Member

What are the swimming requirements For the MSPA?

2. Simon

Simon Guest

Like any academy, I would assume you know how to swim or you don't........

3. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Sink or swim.

Don't worry, they will give you a flotation devise and ridicule you for the rest of the academy session. Thank god that swimming was the last thing we did in my MPOC because I can swim only to save my own life. You don't want to be drowning in my sector, you'd be fucked.

4. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

The swimming requirements are to swim to the nearest other state that actually has a State Police Academy class that they can afford to hire after graduation.

5. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

We have Lifesaveing requirement to work. After the academy we had 8 weeks of inservice. Within this, we had ro swim. It took about 15 hrs. in the pool and a written test. The only thing that sucked was that the classes were after the normal 8hr day after supper. ( can you say CRAMPS ):tounge_smile:

6. Mad-Dog24

Mad-Dog24 MassCops Member

I wouldn't worry about the swimming requirement; Deval won't be giving the MSP a class anytime in the next 4 years.

7. Screw01

Screw01 New Member

Not bad I get 1 honest answer out of 6 comments.......... Anyone that actually went through the academy can you private message me the actual requirements to pass the water portion of the academy. That's the only thing that I would potentially fail in either the municipal or state police academy.

8. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I gave you an honest answer. Sorry if it was not the one you were looking for.

9. Screw01

Screw01 New Member

Your reply was the one honest answer I was talking about. I even thanked you. I appreciate it and if you have any other info for me it would be very helpful.

10. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

So what you're saying is, the commentary on your thread is useless? Oh boy, I can't wait to see the commentary after that!

It was 18 years ago, but we had to drive to Framingham SPHQ for I think a day of water training. Swimming up and down the olympic sized pool, treading water, flotation training. The requirements could have and likely did change since then.

11. 51st MPOC#110

51st MPOC#110 MassCops Member

My advice to you is to get some swimming lessons at the local pool.
    Good luck :stomp:

12. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Swim was the only thing that worried me in the academy. I thought for sure it would be the end of me. While I am not a total "anchor", I am not what you would call (Oh what the fuck is that pot smoking olympic medalist's name is?)

I won't be winning any Police Swim Meets that is for sure.

13. Sam1974

Sam1974 MassCops Member

you already have one of these.... see... many uses.... KICK, KICK, KICK!

[​IMG]

14. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Maybe its just me, I thought all of the answers were very true. Especially the answer about not having a class while we have duval as gov.

15. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I am pretty sure that this guy has my academy flotation device. Fucking EBay:stomp::stomp::stomp:

16. Screw01

Screw01 New Member

Ok moderator can move this to the cesspool. Yea bud you got me all figured out. It's people like you that make this world a joyous place to live in. I merely wanted some more input not that another class won't go through with deval in and your bonehead post. I was asking swimming requirements. I find it funny that you took all that time to write that and sound somewhat intelligent just to be a douche. Get a hobby dick.

17. Sam1974

Sam1974 MassCops Member

wow, spouting off to a moderator can get you kicked off this site. maybe that's what you need, a good ass whipping by the REAL men on this site?

who's being the dick now? what's the big deal about getting into a pool and swimming? some good advice was offered to you and you're going to turn out to be a pickle swallower because you're a snot nosed punk?

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's fucktards like you who....... (fill in the blanks here.. too much for me to waste my time to list)

18. 51st MPOC#110

51st MPOC#110 MassCops Member

Oh no!! :stomp: If you don’t like the responses stop posting and take a hike, it’s simple as that.

19. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Screw01 another 9 post wonder with thin skin looking for a bus ride.

20. 5-0

5-0 Guest

Ok. It's pretty simple. Not knowing when there will be a class, you have PLENTY of time to correct your swimming problems. There were two guys in my class that had to don the swimmies, it wasn't pleasant. Soooooo.... take some initiative, find an 18 year old blonde college swim team member, and take private lessons this summer. It's either that, or have the Dive Team Sgt teach you in front of your classmates.

21. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

The original question was legitamate. What followed is a total abortion. The question was asked and it was answered. Why is this thing still alive? Can we end this abortion already? I have PMed with the thread starter. Let's end this already.

22. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Okay!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.