Swimming Requirement | MassCops

Swimming Requirement

Discussion in 'Boston' started by cal1nu, Jan 27, 2011.

1. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

Just curious is there a swimming requirement in the academy? If yes what swimming exercises do you need to do and how do they test your swimming ability?

2. 47turksinajar

47turksinajar MassCops Member

You have to survive jumping off the middle of the bourne bridge and swim into shore

3. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

If you don't swim like a rock when thrown in a pool, you should be good.

4. Simon

Simon Guest

Volunteer to demonstrate the ice suit and you will be off the RADAR for the rest of the two days block of instructions.

5. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

LEO's should be able to swim extremely well. Amity PD has water incidents every summer.

[​IMG]

6. 47turksinajar

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KORLA42hgyY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - New Snickers Advert With Mr T[/nomedia]

7. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Look at the bottom of this page under Similar Threads.

Use a search feature next time so that you can avoid any future beatings on a previously covered an widely debated subject, mmmmmkay?

8. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

I did a search and found posts that only discusses the swimming requirement for MA State Police and not Boston Police Dept. Are the swimming requirement and training at the academy the same for MSP and BPD?

9. 5-0

5-0 Guest

I would be willing to bet, that just like in my academy, they will give you two cutting edge personal flotation devices to go on your arms if you have difficulty.

10. 47turksinajar

11. tsunami

tsunami MassCops Member

12. Mad-Dog24

Mad-Dog24 MassCops Member

What they do in Boston is put everyone standing at the edge of the deep end of the pool; The instructors throw in some bricks. You have to go in and get at least one brick from the bottom of the pool. If you don't come up, the instructors go in and rescue the brick.