Suspicious Items Found on UPS Planes in US, UK | MassCops

Suspicious Items Found on UPS Planes in US, UK

Discussion in 'National' started by HistoryHound, Oct 29, 2010.

1. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

The report I just saw said one of the packages turned out to be a toner cartridge. Besides stating the obvious, there's not much I can really say to comment on this.

Suspicious Items Found on UPS Planes in US, UK - CBS News

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Interesting.

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

[​IMG]

Fox News/WTXF
    URGENT: DHS investigates whether a terror organization is behind a 'dry run' after suspicious
    packages originating in Yemen were reported aboard international UPS cargo flights landing at
    Newark, N.J., and Philadelphia airports, and a UPS truck in NYC.

Homeland Security Investigates Cargo Planes [​IMG] | U.K. Airports on Alert [​IMG]

4. Beal Feirste

Beal Feirste MassCops Member

A very interesting turn of events today with this story as I saw on several sites last night suggestions that between then (last night) and November 2nd of the possibility of some sort of 'terrorist alert'. Pretty good prediction who ever they were.

5. kwflatbed

Terror investigators look for more packages (AP)

AP - After intercepting two mail bombs addressed to Chicago-area synagogues, investigators are searching for two dozen more suspect packages that terrorists in Yemen attempted to smuggle onto aircraft in a brazen al-Qaida terror plot.

6. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

All the more reason to vote Republican.

7. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

8. kwflatbed

9. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Can I get an AMEN?!?!?

10. kwflatbed

Yemeni arrested, al-Qaida bomber eyed in mail plot

SAN'A, Yemen -- Yemeni police arrested a woman on suspicion of mailing a pair of bombs powerful enough to take down airplanes, officials said Saturday as details emerged about a terrorist plot aimed at the U.S. that exploited security gaps in the worldwide shipping system.
    Investigators were hunting Yemen for more suspects tied to al-Qaida and several U.S. officials identified the terrorist group's top explosives expert in Yemen as the most likely bombmaker.
    The explosives, addressed to Chicago-area synagogues, were pulled off airplanes in England and the United Arab Emirates early Friday morning, touching off a tense search for other devices.

Full Story:
    WHDH-TV - Yemeni arrested, al-Qaida bomber eyed in mail plot