Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suspect leads Fla. police on highway chase

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. -- A South Florida motorist is under arrest after a high-speed highway chase broadcast live by television cameras.
Miami Beach police say they believe a man and a woman in the white van were connected to two robberies there, and several others in the county.
Footage from a news helicopter showed the van weaving through traffic and speeding down the shoulder on Interstate 95 and Florida's Turnpike on Wednesday, followed by several police cars.
The van eventually drove into a residential area, where a man got out and tried to hide between several homes. After a bit of searching, he eventually sat on a patio chair and waited until officers with drawn guns arrested him.
The cameras did not capture another occupant from the car.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BO93179/

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Florida Police Pursuit Spans 3 Counties

MIAMI --
A man and woman were arrested Wednesday after police chased their vehicle from Miami Beach, through Broward County and to Boca Raton.
Police in Miami Beach had been searching for a white van Wednesday morning after a woman was robbed at a Walgreens in the 500 block of Jefferson Avenue. Miami Beach police said the robber stole a woman's purse before jumping into the waiting van, which was driven by a woman.
Several hours later, Miami Beach police officer saw a white van matching the description of the robber's vehicle near Northwest 14th Street and North Miami Avenue. Police tried to pull the vehicle over, but it sped away.
The van, with a female driver and a male passenger, led police north on Interstate 95, through the Golden Glades interchange and north on the Turnpike.
The driver, 30-year-old Zona D. Garcia, exited the Turnpike on Atlantic Boulevard in Pompano Beach. The van went east until it came to a stoplight with several cars waiting at a red light, where he drove over the median in order to escape the police cruisers.
After driving on surface streets, the van got back onto northbound I-95. The van exited the highway in Boca Raton and pulled into a neighborhood, where the driver parked at a house.
"All of a sudden, I see a white car come speeding down the road, go into this neighborhood. Then I see, like, a hundred cop cars," said 18-year-old neighbor Kelsey Mahoney.
"I walk outside and the next thing I know, 50 cops. It blows my mind, man," said Wordie Whidden, another neighbor.
Garcia, remained in the van, and the man, 33-year-old David James Garcia, ran to a backyard patio. Police arrested both of them.
As David Garcia was led to a police car, his face covered with his black T-shirt, all he would say was that he loved his daughter.
"I love my little girl," he shouted to Local 10's Julie Summers.
"You're a father?" Summers asked.
"Yes," he said.
Officers from the Miami-Dade, Miami Beach and Boca Raton police departments and the Broward Sheriff's Office were involved in the chase.
In addition to the robbery at the Walgreens, police said the Zona and David Garcia are suspects in another robbery at a Publix store on Monday.
David Garcia was charged with strong armed robbery and aggravated fleeing and eluding. Zona Garcia was charged with one count of strong armed robbery.
They may face additional charges from Miami-Dade police.

Video:http://www.local10.com/video/index.html

Story From: local10.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts