Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know sunblock on the arms..but what about when your bald and are wearing the summer hats?..i have a nice sunburned ring on the top of my head and burnt around where my sunglasses were. any tips to prevent looking like a freeking hoodsie?

·
Registered
160 Posts
No Fake Hair..No comb-overs...Bald is very sexy! 8)

Most sunblocks they make now are for all over useage. Make sure you get a water proof one for the hot summer days...we sweat and then it wipes off. They have little face ones you can buy that look like moster chap sticks. It's small enough to fit in your pocket, no mess, and you can re-apply whenever. Go to Wal-Mart..CVS...They're like $4.00. But your face and head are sensetive areas...Make sure you wear it. Skin cancers no joke....

Hope that helped...and here's to details :t:

·
1,334 Posts
Make sure you go to the beach a few times so you can even out that detail tan (arms from the elbows down, head, neck, around eyes). I know of someone that worked a busy summer of details one year and went on an August vacation...I am surpised the beach did not clear out. :oops:

In all seriousness, use the sunblock all you can. It is cheap money compared to the risks of the sun baking down on you all day during details.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Depends on the length of your hair on top, but Bananaboat makes a SPF 15 that goes on like hairspray works really well and isn't too greasy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the length?..i use the mach 3...u know i was thinking today that maybe i could wear those black thing- a- ma- jigs that the football players wear under their helmets?....they almost look like swim caps. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Couldn't have said that better myself. This is exactly what I use whenever I am outside. I would say I'm relatively young (34), and I was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma at age 28 (I was told I was the youngest BCC patient my doctor has seen). I had to have surgery to remove it and now I have a faint 2" scar on my cheek. You don't want that. Luckily basal cell is not terminal unless you let it go forever. However, it still requires surgery to remove and you'l have a scar from it.

mikemac64 is right, the sun is your enemy. All you pasty white boys better lube up with the coppertone sport, it's great stuff. Not greasy and doesn't smell.

mikemac64";p="66284 said:
I recommend Coppertone Sport...SPF 48. I am balding and gave trying to deal with it so I shaved it all off 2 years ago. I apply it in the a.m. when I get out there, then again late morning, then again after lunch. It works, but only if you use it.

Anything that is exposed should be lubed up. This is no joking matter. The sun is your enemy. Where a solid hat when outside if needed, and if your Chief or someone else gives you shit, get a Dr.'s note.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
I already told you not to put anything creamy on it... but somehow I have a feeling that it's way too late for that. :p

Creams and gels just trap the heat in. Best bet for a sunburn is to soak in cold water. Best bet for an uneven tan/burn is to put extra SPF on the colored areas and something lighter on the paler ones in an attempt to "even out."

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
Officer Dunngeon";p="66413 said:
Sunblock is for wussies. Crisco works great for me! :lol:
:L: :L: Crisco... that reminds me of a Lewis Black routine. Very Funny stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.