Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas!
I currently have a pair of Danner Arcadia 400 gram thinsulate boots that I wear on duty....great winter boot!!! I have not yet served during the summer months and I'm thinking that I may have to go with a lighter boot for the warmer months. Im looking at the Danner 8" Striker GTX boots for an option. Can anyone chime in on my selection? Advice? Reviews? Thanks in advance!!

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
This topic has been discussed before in the past but I still SWEAR by my Corcoran Jump boots. Comfortable, sharp looking, intimidating as hell and take a great shine. You'll find many people on here that will agree wholeheartedly.

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
soxrock75";p="61757 said:
I still SWEAR by my Corcoran Jump boots.
Corcoran II Field Boots here. I prefer the tradition boot sole over the Jump Boot style

·
Registered
84 Posts
Second the Corcoran IIs, with the Vibram soles. Break them in around the house before wearing them on a patrol shift-- you need some flex in the leather or else you will cut off circulation when gassing and braking. Rub them down with mink oil and saddle soap twice before shining them, keeps the water out. Then go to EMS or REI and buy a set of the "footbeds" (insoles) with the neon green colored torsion bar in them. I forgot the brand...they will set you back $30 but you will thank me for the advice if you work a lot of details. Those are the only insoles I've ever bought that actually made a difference, heck my feet were so comfortable at the end of many shifts that I could go home and play tennis with my wife.

G

·
It's hard to beat Corcorans or Danners, but you have to ROTATE them to make them last longer. try throwing these into the mix. I know that HousingCop uses them;

·
Registered
252 Posts
Corcoran Marauder the best. I've tried all types, Rockys, HiTec, Bates, and so on. Marauder by far the best, no break in time, feet don't sweat, very light and look great.

·
1,952 Posts
This is the closest I could find for mine, had them for 3 years

http://www.qmuniforms.com/moreInfoGroup.asp?T1=S89+326+M070&Cat=Law+Enforcement.Footwear.Bates

Worked GREAT and VERY comfortable if walking. I can say that with confidence because I broke them in doing the Walk for Hunger (20 mi) Not a blister or backache or anything. I was surprised (and thankful!)

Now they are beat the heck so I am shopping for new ones too, heard lots of good things of Corcoran from many so I think that's the way I am going to go. Not doing the walk in them though :wink:

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts
I have magnum stealth II boots. Very light and comfortable and not bad on the wallet either.

·
Registered
30 Posts
MarineMustang said:
Hey fellas!
I currently have a pair of Danner Arcadia 400 gram thinsulate boots that I wear on duty....great winter boot!!! I have not yet served during the summer months and I'm thinking that I may have to go with a lighter boot for the warmer months. Im looking at the Danner 8" Striker GTX boots for an option. Can anyone chime in on my selection? Advice? Reviews? Thanks in advance!!
stick with danner, go with the 8" nylon side zip strikers the new uniform store in springfield has a good selection of danners, guardian uniform on robbins rd

1 - 18 of 18 Posts