Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of silly question, but isn't it illegal for a passenger car to be equipped with the suicide nob on the steering wheel if they don't have a physical medical condition permitting the operator to use such device? I could not find it in the law books. If it is there, I am not looking in the right spot.

Anyone know the CMR or chapter / section? :?:

G

·
I dont know the MGL or the CMR but I was under the same impression, I heard that a long time ago, sorry I dont the MGL/CMR, but I think your correct. Maybe one of the Troopers here may know the answer to that.

Bueler, Bueler??????

·
Registered
27 Posts
Suicide Nob

This topic seems to be old, but I am still curious as to what to write the "V" under. I investigated an accident the other day and the vehicle involved had it on the steering wheel. I ended up writing the kid for Speed greater than Reasonable and Proper for Conditions (heavy rain) and gave him the break on the nob.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,803 Posts
GPD11 said:
I remember hearing that too, never could quite find it in the laws. Maybe Urban Legend :)
No kiddin!
Half the garbage on here is urban legend! I suppose you could also try 90/13 the old "anything interferes=anything goes"
:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts