Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
They are in the middle of down town Boston, so you are mostly on foot. They do have resident halls they respond to via cruiser. The pay I hear is fairly good. Boston treats you like shit ,wow thats surprising. They make some arrest but have to wait 2hours for a transport from the good old boys from Boston. Turn over is very low probably because of the pay. I heard you have to start off as a security officer first before you can get the PO position. I worked at Bunker Hill Com College and every PO from Suffolk PD was very helpful in letting us use their parking lot while we ran into Asburton Place or dropping of the President of our college so she could meet with Higher Ed.The Majority of them are squared away and are dressed in Boston/LA blue uniform. I believe the Chief supports training of any kind etc.. The Mass State Police are across the street in Asburton Place so if you need back up they are helpful. Overall I would apply there if I were you. PS they are unarmed in the middle of Boston. Good Luck!!!

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
Suffolk mainly sits fixed posts. They do have a cruiser (Nice one infact) but I never see anyone other than Cpl and above driving. Pay is in the 18.00 an hour range and you do have to start off as a security officer and you are unarmed. Most of the guys are squared away (emphasis on most) and some of their union guys are great guys. Ide apply if I were you but the whole security thing would turn me off.

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
I deal with the Suffolk Police since my campus is a block away. Gret bunch of guys. but they sit security post and they cant transport in their cruiser. unarmed but the pay is gret

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.