Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know what the interview is like for the Suffolk Sheriff? Also, is there anyone else going through the hiring process right now? Thanx

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
I interviewed with SCSD around this time last year. I remember because it was the day after the Red Sox opening round game in Oakland that went 12 or so innings. The game got over at like 3am and my interview was at 9. Needless to say, I was a little tired.

I had the interview at South Bay. You enter the lobby and you tell the deputy behind the glass that you are there to see so and so for an interview. You then get to sit with all of the waiting visitors who are going in to see their "babies daddies". After a while they send you upstairs and speak with the receptionist (who is wicked nice by the way) and fill out some paperwork. When I went they needed copies of both my HS and College diplomas for some reason. In the paperwork, there is a little test that goes through some department policies and some scenarios. They are looking to see if you understand the policies and applied them to the scenario correctly. Then you meet with three people in a conference room. 1 of the gentlemen was the head of HR, the other was head of training (very intimidating looking) and the other was another high ranking uniformed member. They go through the motions with basic questions etc. They really stressed upon integrity and policies. They ask you if you would ever turn in another deputy if they went "over the line" with an inmate or you saw something that you knew wasn't "allowed". You have to say the right things if you want the jobs, so you tell them that you wouldn't tolerate loose cannons or immoral officers etc. (I assume once your inside, that is total BS and it is loyalty and brotherhood that come first). Finally they do some role playing with the had of training playing a non-compliant inmate and how you would deal with them.

All in all, the guys were very nice. They schedule your PT pretty quickly. I always figured that with any civil service type job that the interview and PT were months apart. Just fit up straight and answer questions to the best of your ability and you'll be fine.

P.S. Donuts and Ho Ho's for High Sheriff Cabral wouldn't hurt either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.