Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an interview w/ them in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone know how this is?? What kind of questions?? Any info would be greatly appreciated ..

Thanks,

Mike

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello Mike,
The interview is a breif exam basically of your job application and some scenerios of on the job. Just be truthful in answering what they ask you. Just some info start running and doing situps every other day to prepare if you make it to the academy. GOOD LUCK!!

mikehammer said:
I have an interview w/ them in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone know how this is?? What kind of questions?? Any info would be greatly appreciated ..

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just came back from the interview. Wondering if I could PM any CO's to see if I answered the questions correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
has anyone heard of a start date for the academy yet? I heard it was going to be in november.. Does anyone know how long the academy is?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think its the second or third week in Novemeber...

The BI stated the academy is 8 - 10 weeks long.

Are you (Mazi69) going thru the process ?????

·
Registered
32 Posts
See there are two interviews the one with human resourses, where they try to find out your personality. They will ask you questions that might sacrifice your integrity. Then there's interview with Sheriff Cabral is easy she is down to earth, you will know by the next day if you got the job.

Having attended the academy last year it is pretty easy. You have to be there by 545 in the morning, but not on the clock til 600. The academy is boring and they know it. Watch out for Corporal Fountain he's a jerk, but does it for a reason. It is a military style academy. Make sure you remain in shape when your in the academy. You'll get gigged every time you screw up, don't forget anything. Make sure you lock your car doors when he gets you out of your car at 545. Cpl. Medeiros runs in marathons so he always wants to run. Sgt. Zafarakis is the best, you'll like them. Your off the clock by 2:30 but then you stuck cleaning the place up takes at leat a half hour then your stuck in traffic. Scsd is not for everyone, i resigned do to the heavy workload they put on the co's. Yeah plan to work 60 hours a week. Nice people, but the pay sucks. In the academy i was taking home only $440 a week. Union dues, 13% Boston City retirement, state, federal, health insurance, its not worth it. Hope this helps you guys out. I wish i had this as a tp off before i signed up for this. I would only recommend signing up for the academy if you live close to it. I tried to do the commuter thing and relized it wasn't going to work.

Post any questions and i'll try to help you guys out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.