Suffolk County Fitness Test | MassCops

Suffolk County Fitness Test

Discussion in 'Sheriffs' started by jdc86, Mar 19, 2014.

1. jdc86

jdc86 MassCops Member

Hey everyone. I was just checking if anyone who had taken the SCSD written test last month received any information about the dates of fitness test yet. I realize it's a slow process, but it seems like the fitness test should have been scheduled by now. Thanks guys and girls.

2. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

The St. Patricks Day Breakfast and the parade were the fitness test.

Sent from a dark place.

tsunami, BxDetSgt, Tuna and 1 other person like this.
  3. ecpd402

ecpd402 Subscribing Member

I got my thanks but no thank email today didn't even get to the written exam. ive applied every year since 1999. Good luck to all who make it.

jdc86 likes this.
  4. jdc86

jdc86 MassCops Member

So did I. I passed the written and final. I was given a background investigators number to call, she never called back. I called human resources and they said they want somebody who is from Suffolk County. I was also told they saw I had police experience, and wanted someone who wanted to be a CO not police officer. Sorry for whining everyone. Good luck to all going to the academy.

5. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Seriously? Try taking the Doc test next time.

Sent from my Galaxy S4.

6. bigfoot1120

bigfoot1120 MassCops Member

Wow, and I thought I had it bad. Took me a couple years, I got hired in April and our academy starts July 7th. You're an Emerson College police officer aren't you, why would you want to work there?

7. bigfoot1120

bigfoot1120 MassCops Member

Yup, they hate how many come to the department and go on to be a cop. But in all honesty, who wants to be a co their entire life? Not me, I'm hoping to do a few years and then move on.

8. CO4Sho

CO4Sho MassCops Member

No one ever dreams of being a CO, they say if you are here for 5 years you will never leave. The money gets too good, and with unlimited overtime and lots of details, we have Officers making $120K, Sergeants making $150K, and Lieutenants making $160K. It's a big department so lots of opportunities for specialized jobs and promotions. We also have guys who take the whole summer off with swaps, credit days, comp days, vacation days, and sick days. I will be the first to admit it is not the most glamorous job, but there are definitely worst places to end up.

9. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Sounds almost as good as being a nozzle jockey.

10. ecpd402

ecpd402 Subscribing Member

Suffolk county pays more and is state retirement

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk