Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
I had a question regarding the Student Trooper program with the Massachusetts State Police.
I am a Police Explorer right now, but I am more interested in State Police
work than anything else. I was just wondering if any of you knew how to get more info on how it works, how to get in, ect...
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you know if there is an age limit? Do they accept you if you are still technically a student? I am taking a class a WENC, and I'd be very interested in the program. Thanks for any info you guys/gals might have. :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
The age limit is 15-17 yoa. It's sponsored by the American Legion and is held two separate weeks in the summer at the Mass State Police Academy in New Braintree. The cost is $150 for the week which can be paid for or sponsored by the American Legion depending on your financial situation.

http://www.state.ma.us/msp/ASTUTPR.HTM

·
Registered
393 Posts
I went through this program in the summer of 1996. I was a very rewarding and excellent experience. Hats off to the MSP for this program. :t:

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Give the Framingham HQ a call, but I don't think there is a year round, or explorer program.

:eek:t: I tried to get into the Student Trooper Program when I was in High School. They had 2 spots open, and it was between me and two twin girls. Guess who got in? ](*,)

·
Registered
147 Posts
CD,

I am an assoc. advisor in a post and I can tell you at least in eastern mass the MSP has no posts. but you may want to check with your Council to find out if there is one. I too have hear great things about the Student Trooper program.

·
Registered
147 Posts
CPDexplorer,

I am actually kind of mistaken with my previous post from before. The Milford MA PD has an Explorer post that I believe use to be or still is kind of co-sponsored with the Grafton Barracks (C-2) what role the MSP has/had in it I don't know. How ever if you are interested you my want to try and contact the MPD to get more info

G

·
I went through the Student Trooper program back in High School and it was an awesome program... Well run and a great expierence... If you are interested in Law Enforcement, I would look into it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.