Strange | MassCops

Strange

Discussion in 'War on Terror' started by Beal Feirste, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Beal Feirste

Beal Feirste MassCops Member

I find it extraordinarily that the on going news of the day has not been discussed here. It's been very conspicuous by it's absence. I'm not sure what the news channels there are doing but here it's the only thing that's being covered.

I have posted something on two other forums and with hindsight it would be very hypocritical of me if I didn't post it here as well and possibly take on the chin the backlash. It is however my belief as what I like to think as a relatively intelligent person.

It is what it is.

Has anyone else been following this nonsense about the latest 'terrorist threat/attack? I've had Sky News running in the background for about the last four hours and that's about all they have covered. Someone has decided to attack America, undoubtedly planned and coordinated from several caves somewhere in the Middle East to bring down the great Empire with explosive ink cartridges.

Ink cartridges!!

I watched the *cough* presidential address to the nation. Full of if's, maybe's and might be's. Then he handed over to a shirt and tie who struggled with the questions that were being thrown at him. What followed was a series of answers which repeated the important catch phrases. 'Al Qaida' 'terrorists' etc, etc. The term 'Al Qaida, Al-Qaeda' however you like to spell it is actually a CIA computer program and not some worldwide sinister grouping. The shirt and tie tonight used the word 'franchise' when talking about Al Doom. Are they terrorist's or do they own a lot of KFC outlets?

I find it amusing and predictable that a generally unpopular American president less than a week away from important elections should be given such an opportunity to blow his trumpet. It's an old ploy of course.

I have experienced personally 9 times over the past two years the level of American security/paranoia when traveling there. Not a chance.

First there was the guy who couldn't learn to fly a one engined bone shaker but went on to fly a large passenger jet into a high rise. A trick that experienced pilots with hundreds of hours of flight time said they couldn't pull off given the flight path and terrain and now ink cartridges. Get real.

Not that I feel strongly about it. Just saying.

Ink cartridges.

2. I have watched the news, but I have been less than profoundly effected by all of today's hoopla. I suppose I've just become jaded when it comes to the media hype related to "possible terror threats". I know we're supposed to "remain vigilant", and all that jazz. But I also know 3 things: 1- The media likes to blow things waaaay out of proportion, and feed off the panic they can inflict on the general public. 2- I have a hard time trusting or believing almost all of what comes out of Obama's mouth, especially at this election time. 3- I have more pressing things to worry about, and it doesn't do me or anyone around me any good to stress out or makes guesses as to what possibly could have happened.
    That's my take on it, anyway.

3. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Obama is desperate! He's doing what children do when they're backed into a corner.

4. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

Once I heard that Saudi Arabia was being credited with assisting the U.S. in this investigation, I immediately dismissed the story as blasphemous... we all know that would never happen.

The U.S. knows plenty enough about AQAP already. If this Yemeni-based al-Qaeda affiliate is to blame, then let the goddamn JDAM's fly!!!

At times like this, all I can say is... Mr. Reagan, you are sorely missed.

5. Simon

Simon Guest

Beal............ I read an "LE sensitive" report on the incident last night after roll call. There is definately more to the story than what CNN and the others are reporting. Is it possible that Odrama is concocting the entire thing? YES. I'm not a follower or a Kool Aid drinker but I believe there is a little more credibility to this than you are aware of. Sorry to burst your bubble my friend. ;)

6. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Given the vast corruption in Chicago, what it has produced and thrust upon us, and what Rom Emanuel intends to do with it, is PETN really the worst thing that could happen there at this point?

7. Beal Feirste

lol No bubble burst here Snipe but seriously, IF it was a little side game aimed at the upcoming election do you think they would pass the word down that 'Yea, it's a game but don't let on. Mum's the word'?

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

The missus is forever saying to me what a good president Reagan was. American politics is still very much a leaning curve for me and my thoughts on it are somewhat different to what they were years ago. Then my impression of him was 'come on, he's a b movie actor' but I'll give him this, there were none of these silly games, you stepped on Americas toes and you got slapped down and then he would sit in front of a camera and say so in plain terms.

8. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

Too close to call... a PETN attack, or Mayor Rahmtard???
    "Curses are like young chickens, they always come home to roost." :regular_smile:

"(I) won a nickname, 'The Great Communicator.' But I never thought it was my style or the words I used that made a difference: It was the content. I wasn't a great communicator, but I communicated great things." – Ronald Reagan

It warms my heart to know that the Gipper is still "communicating" to the world for America... :wink_smile:

View attachment 1625 USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76)

9. GD

GD MassCops Member

10. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

switch back to printers with toner, problem solved

11. Beal Feirste

LOLOL That's a god damned excellent siggy!

Here, have some of that! Bang! Beautiful lol

12. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

lol I too was staring at it for a bit.