stoughton auxiliary program | MassCops

stoughton auxiliary program

Discussion in 'Reserve / Auxiliary' started by musclerussian, Mar 17, 2011.

1. musclerussian

musclerussian MassCops Member

Just want to know what you guys think of the program. Might sign up.

2. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Stoughton's Chief is known to me very well. Used to be a Lt. on my job. Good guy. Oh and there is a Russian born Sgt. working there too. I know them both. Want a letter of refference?

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

V I would like to proof read the letter, LOL

4. musclerussian

forgot to mention r the guys armed or unarmed? i know randolph is armed and newton is unarmed.thanks

5. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

STOUGHTON AUXILIARY POLICE

6. musclerussian

you know some times you piss me off but i have to admit you seem like a ok guy. still trying to help me out even though i probably pissed you off to thanks

7. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

:banghead:

you are fucking killing me

8. musclerussian

lol

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

i should be exempt from the first responder training and cpr. i'm already a certified first responder and certified in cpr.

9. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I know that you don't need to be certified with a defribilator. you could just carry a printout of your MC posts and when you come across someone who needs a jump start, just pry open one of their eyes and put the printout infront of them. I guarantee you instant results.

10. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

maybe you should be, but I can tell you how it works with the Auxiliaries on my dept. They all go to the whole training program (including 1st responder & CPR) regardless of their prior training. The reason for this is two fold. This way everyone expiration date is the same and everyone is on the same page as far as the program (i.e. Year 1,2, and 3). The other reason is that way your trained in the AED that the department uses.

11. Badge 2

Badge 2 MassCops Member

cracking up!!!!

12. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Bahaha, is this guy for real?

13. musclerussian

Even though i am a special officer in boston? I completed the first responder and cpr training 2 weeks ago. i'll get both cards soon. thanks for replying

14. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Hate to burst your bubble but the Stoughton Aux was just in recent months disbanded by the new chief as a "liability"
    :skull:

15. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

musslerusky won't be down for breakfast for at least two weeks.

16. theGUNshow

theGUNshow MassCops Member

If you were to do the Reserve/intermittent academy, you wouldn't have to participate in the CPR/First Responder classes.

17. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Things must of changed because when I went through the Western Mass R/I Academy in 2006 we didn't do a CPR/AED/First Responder Course. I got certified separately from a Massachusetts 911 training course.

And BTW RussianMuscleWhacker is suspended until next week. It's unfortunate because he brought so much to the site.

18. canhockjmg

canhockjmg MassCops Member

The R/I academy is now 242 Hours. CPR/AED/First Responder are included in the training now.

19. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

muscle- volunteer to do all details for free, you'll gain experience and respect from the regulars for such dedication to duty. Let us know how it turns out.

20. AUXCAPT

AUXCAPT MassCops Member

Not the case. The program is alive and well.

21. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

Define well.

22. FAPD

FAPD MassCops Member

Hey kid, How do you know? Did you resign from Framingham Aux to accept a position in Stoughton?

23. mpd61

The Stoughton Aux is in transition. (my bad) They just will never do "Illegal" paid details again. Sounds like the new Chief believes in the Glidden Doctrine where everything is a liability. simple solution was for appointment as specials when in a paid status.

24. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

This is hardly a kid you are posting back to. He happens to be in charge of the Framingham Aux program. A little respect for him would be nice. And my guess is, since Stoughton's Chief is a former Framingham Lt., he knows this directly from the man who is in the know.

I'd note his Green status. Kid? WTF?

25. mpd61

Agree 100% on the respect note V.

As far as the Stoughton Aux situation, Chief S. called a meeting and then stood behind a lawyer who told them all they were a liability, no more paid details, patrols, excetra . Then he introduced Captain Whoever from, you guessed it, the Framingham Auxiliary. He is there to tell the troops how they're going to run an auxiliary dept. What gets me is that prior to this meeting, these Stoughton folks were actually sworn specials with powers. They had a positive image and history. So nine (9) of the crew simply resigned that night rather than take a couple steps backwards. Now Stoughton PD certainly had a lot of bad ghosts/demons in the past.
    The Chief is seeking Acreditation as part of his plan to cleanse and move forward. Maybe these specials got thrown out with the bathwater. Good, bad, or indifferent that's how I understand it.
    :unsure: