Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the Sgt.postion for Stonehill College Police, One of the requiremnts is a MA LTC. Is Stonehill College Police armed now?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I applied there about 2 years ago. Made it to the final 3, but not the final cut. At the time they said that they were trying to get armed, but it was an uphill battle. I'm not sure if they finally did. The LTC could be for spray, which they do carry.

Good luck. Nice campus (I got my CJ degree there), great benefits & good pay for a campus PD.

·
Registered
413 Posts
no, they aren't armed...they carry the retractable baton. I'm actually getting a watchman's position there and should hopefully be starting soon :)

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Well what's the difference between the Watchmans position & Campus LE position?

·
MassCops Member
24 Posts
The Sgt's position is filled along with a patrolmans spot. There is no firearms. The LTC is for spray. If the watchmans job payed more there would be a line for the position. Easy work no one bothering you alot of down time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Some places use the LTC as a screening tool. I have heard of private secuirty companies doing the same. While most Chiefs will issue anyone who meets the minimum requirements an FID, they are usually a little more careful with the LTC. That way if your local Chief won't give you an LTC a campus Chief might want to think twice about hiring you.

·
Registered
413 Posts
yea doin some training for the watchman's position today, but basically it sounds like I just walk around making sure buildings are secure, alarms are set, etc etc. I wonder if I get anything as protection just in case any wild and crazy Stonehill students are running amuck

·
Registered
172 Posts
First of all.. the officers at Stonehill don't call Eastern... the town is Easton... and the Easton guys rarely are on campus.. unless they are looking for a place to dig in... The watchman.. is on their own.. they lock up the buildings... secure alarms.. and report anything out of the ordinary..

I don't understand why other cops have to shoot down others.... Im sure your Milton cops come to help your public safety officers...
Speak of what you know... don't assume..
-PVD24

·
Subscribing Member
4,377 Posts
Stonehill College cops also work details in Easton as they are sworn i nas specials there too. No a bad gig, one of my buddies used to work there, he liked it and was there many years.

·
Registered
413 Posts
j809 @ Thu 09 Sep said:
Stonehill College cops also work details in Easton as they are sworn i nas specials there too. No a bad gig, one of my buddies used to work there, he liked it and was there many years.
that's pretty cool, I wonder if I got put on as a reserve, if I'd be sworn in as a special in Easton

sarge439 @ Thu 09 Sep said:
Did I just see somewhere that the Sergeants positions was filled already?
from what I heard, yes the Sgt's position was filled as was a new position as well

·
Registered
172 Posts
Its all good... I just hate it when information is not correctly stated... All officers are not Easton Specials... Not everyone chooses to go that route.. the watchman and parking lot enforcement officers have pretty cool gigs... but are mostly contained to their positions...
Its not a bad place to work.. it has its benefits..
-PVD24

·
Registered
66 Posts
I applied there about 2 years ago. Made it to the final 3, but not the final cut. At the time they said that they were trying to get armed, but it was an uphill battle. I'm not sure if they finally did. The LTC could be for spray, which they do carry.

Good luck. Nice campus (I got my CJ degree there), great benefits & good pay for a campus PD.
Great school - I have hired three Stonehill grads over the last two years on my team - couple have now been promoted. Had great results there.

Looking for a job? ;-)
Bryan

·
Registered
689 Posts
Re: University/College employment

I'm looking for employment in Campus police career field. Can anyone point me in the direction as to where these jobs are posted? Thanks.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
You can often find some on Bostonworks.com Type in "Police" in the search line. Otherwise just check each individual school's websites.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.