Steven Segal Returns To Louisiana Beat | MassCops

Steven Segal Returns To Louisiana Beat

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Inspector, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

Tough guy Steven Seagal returns in October to the tube in his role as a Louisiana Parish deputy sheriff. Personally I've never seen this show (on A&E) but lots of people have. I don't like the concept of having some celebrity taking on the job most of us have done as I'm guessing the situations that make it into the show are really the exceptions to real police work while the otherwise routine stuff that occupies most of our time ends up on the cutting room floor. This is what leads so many kids to waste a lot time thinking they, as CSI agents, will run around in the latest fashion solving crimes after confronting the criminals face to face. The show is placed under the catagory of "reality television" but having the likes of Seagal on patrol is in itself far from real. I know most of us men are much better looking than Seagal, are in much better physical condition, and wouldn't be allowed to wear pony tails while on duty.

Steven Seagal Lawman Returning for Second Season - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

2. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Saw the show ONCE. Did make for a little comedy.

3. Simon

Simon Guest

If he only acted as well as he used to beat his wife I might tune in.........

4. HousingCop

HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

[​IMG]
    Production on the series was suspended in April after Seagal was accused of sexual harassment. Jefferson Parish's sheriff said the allegations would be a distraction, according to the trade paper. The lawsuit was dropped in July. (After a hefty bag of cash was delivered, I bet.)

Above, Steve shows how he uses his Spidey Sense, and lightning fast moves on an unsuspecting, pre-pubescent boy.

5. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Well....
    Considering he's actually been doing it for years and doesn't need the money, what the hey. I watched it and just like the "real" guys on COPS, he can play to the camera a little. Bottom line is he does do this to what looks like, the same extent as many of us. just saying
    :regular_smile:

6. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

Lawman scored the best ratings ever for an A&E series launch when it premiered to 3.4 million viewers last December

3.4 Million of us can't be wrong. I actually like the show.

7. phuzz01

phuzz01 Subscribing Member

The show is ridiculous. Although part-time with no actual job responsibilities, he holds the rank of Deputy Chief or something. He drives around in a caravan of two unmarked explorers with his "team" of two majors, two captains, a few lieutenants and a couple of sergeants. The "team" jumps calls here and there and utterly buffoons them.

8. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

It looks like an episode of wannabe upper administration MA Sheriff Deputies driving around on patrol.

9. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

Steven- "OK Yang, I am a licensed Proctologist. I have to examine your young colon and prostate. Just stand still"

Yang- "Ouch Mr. Seagal...... Ahhhh you have both of your hands on my shoulders. What's up with that?"

Steven- "Shut up!!! You say anything, I will kill your gerbil."

10. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

Command Staff, is that you?