Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on the department, they are putting one on and I here that the are looking to get two more. Any info would be good.

·
Subscribing Member
3,273 Posts
I know a couple of cops in Sterling and they seem to like it. Its like most small towns, low crime and decent people.

·
Registered
884 Posts
10 man department with a new station and a new chief. LAPD blue uniforms with black leather jackets in the winter, real sharp. They are putting one on now and one or two more within a year. The starting step is like $17.00 to $18.00 an hour, but that step will increase due to current contract negociations. They are big on physical fitness so if you are applying you had better be able to pass the cooper standards.

·
Subscribing Member
4,376 Posts
Our new Chief was the last Chief in Sterling. He is very squared away and tried real hard to make Sterling better. We are lucky to have him. Their new Chief was the former Woonsocket RI Chief I believe. I don't know about Cooper standard, I believe you have to pass the state PAT test though. They only hire people with FT academies and experience I was told. Sterling borders Princeton,Clinton,Lancaster and I think Boylston or W.Boylston. Rte 12 and 190 goes through STerling. Good luck!

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
As far as I know Massachusetts Police depts CANNOT use coopers standards since they changed the P/T standards for the MCJTC back in 96. I know Amherst has been doing anyway, but i heard they were told they cannot do it anymore. Does anyone has anymore infor on this??

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
I believe you are correct. We have an academy currently in it's 3rd week. Judging by the amount of disgusting fat bodies waddling around I would say they need to rethink this practice.....

·
MassCops Member
535 Posts
"Their new Chief was the former Woonsocket RI Chief I believe"
He is a member of the command staff but not a chief. My understanding he is a standup guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.