Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Campus Police I ***

GENERAL STATEMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Candidate will also be responsible for patrolling the college facilities and properties, providing protection and service to ensure a safe and secure environment for faculty, staff, students and visitors. The STCC Police Department is a service intensive, community-policing agency. See Mass. Dept. of Personnel Admin. Job Specifications available in Human Resources Office.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate's Degree in a related field preferred. Applicant must be able to successfully meet the physical and medical entry standards for attendance in a Special State Police Officer Academy conducted by the Massachusetts State Police. Individual must have a valid Massachusetts Driver license and clean driving history. Flexible shift scheduling may be required. Candidate must be able to work evening and overnight shifts including weekends and holidays to meet departmental needs. Graduate of the Massachusetts Special State Police Officer Academy Preferred. Candidate must be CPR/AED Certified and First Responder Certified and have experience in a college environment. See Mass. Dept. of Personnel Admin. Job Specifications available in Human Resources Office.
SALARY: Grade 14, $615.79/weekly, plus fringe benefits. Classified unit position. State-funded.
DATE POSTED: 7/31/2008
CLOSING DATE: 8/14/2008

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
Campus Police I ***

GENERAL STATEMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Candidate will also be responsible for patrolling the college facilities and properties, providing protection and service to ensure a safe and secure environment for faculty, staff, students and visitors. The STCC Police Department is a service intensive, community-policing agency. See Mass. Dept. of Personnel Admin. Job Specifications available in Human Resources Office.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate's Degree in a related field preferred. Applicant must be able to successfully meet the physical and medical entry standards for attendance in a Special State Police Officer Academy conducted by the Massachusetts State Police. Individual must have a valid Massachusetts Driver license and clean driving history. Flexible shift scheduling may be required. Candidate must be able to work evening and overnight shifts including weekends and holidays to meet departmental needs. Graduate of the Massachusetts Special State Police Officer Academy Preferred. Candidate must be CPR/AED Certified and First Responder Certified and have experience in a college environment. See Mass. Dept. of Personnel Admin. Job Specifications available in Human Resources Office.
SALARY: Grade 14, $615.79/weekly, plus fringe benefits. Classified unit position. State-funded.
DATE POSTED: 7/31/2008
CLOSING DATE: 8/14/2008
I actually had to Google "STCC" because I had no idea what or where it was. Looking at the posting, it is pretty clear it is a State Campus PO job. Anyway, here it is (I Love Google):

Springfield Technical Community College

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,428 Posts
Springfield at the former Springfield Armory. The neighborhood surrounding the school is terrible and even though there's a large rot iron fence surrounding most of the campus, it's not all that safe and the short sighted morons running the place (I understand the chief is pretty good and has tried to get firearms, it's the college admin. I speak of) can't understand that COPS carrying firearms at a former ARMORY site wouldn't be a bad thing.

Good state bennies and a nice steady paycheck in an established department though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Springfield has some terrible areas but I know that their campus police arrest without going through any politcal office as to who they should or should'nt charge. When you say "morans" you have to be specific! They have several SSPOS guys that are squared away and I know some of them. Yes they have a couple non-proactive officers but so do most places

As far as firearms its coming regardless of what the school said. Some of the officers are pushing certain agendas hard. Lots of tools working at STCC. They have Jurisdiction on Federal site (Armory) and they've made several arrest off campus.

Lots of overtime and training opportunities from what I know!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Attended several trainings there in the past and it didn't seem too busy around campus even during the daytime hours. However I will agree that the surroundings outside the campus are terrible.

·
Subscribing Member
1,004 Posts
Springfield at the former Springfield Armory. The neighborhood surrounding the school is terrible and even though there's a large rot iron fence surrounding most of the campus, it's not all that safe and the short sighted morons running the place (I understand the chief is pretty good and has tried to get firearms, it's the college admin. I speak of) can't understand that COPS carrying firearms at a former ARMORY site wouldn't be a bad thing.

Good state bennies and a nice steady paycheck in an established department though.
Maybe if they replace the rot iron fence with a wrought iron fence the campus will be more secure. lol. :)

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Maybe if they replace the rot iron fence with a wrought iron fence the campus will be more secure. lol. :)
I was waiting for some english-teacher-wannabe to catch that!
:p

Jim;
Although a wrought iron fence is indeed low-process simple iron made into fence material, it does oxidize rather quickly or "rust" as some would have it. Now although most metals oxidize, (rust) it is similar in the fact that they degrade like wood. Wood being an organic celluose matter tends to decay as "rot", much akin to metals that "rust". In any event I hope you feel properly chastised by new wise guy for mispelling wrought iron fence. Although you had the descriptive term correct, you simply spelled it like it sounded and this in turned caused simple new guy to feel the need to correct you. Please don't EVER do that again without checking with me first buddy! YIKES!!!
:rolleyes:

·
18,428 Posts
If someone hadn't picked up on my gaff, I'd have been very disappointed. Before I scrolled down, I reread what I had typed and slapped myself in the forehead (which explains so much since I DO that so much) and I thank you for your correction.

No doubt an iron fence that was rotting away would be a piece of cake to breach!
:pinch:

I was waiting for some english-teacher-wannabe to catch that!
:p

Jim;
Although a wrought iron fence is indeed low-process simple iron made into fence material, it does oxidize rather quickly or "rust" as some would have it. Now although most metals oxidize, (rust) it is similar in the fact that they degrade like wood. Wood being an organic celluose matter tends to decay as "rot", much akin to metals that "rust". In any event I hope you feel properly chastised by new wise guy for mispelling wrought iron fence. Although you had the descriptive term correct, you simply spelled it like it sounded and this in turned caused simple new guy to feel the need to correct you. Please don't EVER do that again without checking with me first buddy! YIKES!!!
:rolleyes:
I tried to read your whole posting Woody, but was laughing too hard and couldn't see through the tears in my eyes! :L: You can now add metallurgist to your resume!

·
Subscribing Member
1,004 Posts
Just having a little fun at your expense Kil. My spelling aint always perfect either so I'm sure you'll have your chance to return the favor soon enough.

mpd61 I'm far from an english teacher but I am admittedly a sarcastic S.O.B. I do see that you have quite a gift for teaching though.

·
18,428 Posts
Just having a little fun at your expense Kil. My spelling aint always perfect either so I'm sure you'll have your chance to return the favor soon enough.
That's exactly how I took it, WISEASS! LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nothing wrong with cracking on the iron fence. I guess bad politics has to do with what some departments has to deal with. Especially with "Historic comittees" and Higher Ed not seeing the big picture of what could go wrong !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts